question about supercard 2

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by fst312, May 14, 2010.

May 14, 2010

question about supercard 2 by fst312 at 3:11 AM (1,172 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. fst312
    OP

Member fst312 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i understand the new super card can play gba and snes but what i want to know will the gba and snes run perfect on a ds/ds lite.i haven't preorder this thing yet because i don't have a DSi.the recent video of the super card showed gba through a dsi so i want to know if anyone knows if the same gba results will be seen on a ds lite.i don't want to buy this till i know that information.i have a ds lit that is why this is important for me to know.i don't want a new flash card just for ds games.also i'm asking because i know the DSi supposedly is more powerful than the other ds's.

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Currently all carts that run on a DSi have no increased functionality on a DSi. DSi mode hasn't been cracked yet.

3. coattails

Member coattails GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    The SupercardDSTwo will run just as well on a DSlite as it would on a DSi. However, if you're planning on playing GBA games on your DS lite, a much smarter choice would be to get an EZFlash 3-in-1.

The GBA emulation on the SCDS2 will be with the same emulator used on the iPlayer, which doesn't have spectacular compatibility and kinda requires frameskip to be playable. On the otherhand, the EZ 3-in-1 offers basically 100% smooth compatibility for all GBA games.

I don't know very much about the SNES emulator that's going to be included on the SCDS2, but SNES can be emulated on any flashcart with decent homebrew support with the SNEmulDS emulator (compatibility is okaaayy). The emu that's going to be included with the SCDS2 will probably be better than SNEmulDS since the cart has a built-in CPU, but I wouldn't expect to have 100% compatibility.

IMO the SCDS2 is geared more towards DSi owners who wish they had Slot-2 or people who want to watch unconverted movies on their carts. But hey, it does everything on the DSlite that it can do on the DSi so it's still a great cart for DSliters.

4. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Definitely buy it, it's worth the purchase! [​IMG] There's no news about the SNES emulator yet (I mean if it works well or not) but it should work just fine. The DStwo will run on any kind of DS [​IMG]

5. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    you gotta be kidding me,first you go one how you'll need frameskip in the GBA emu,well its better than continually changing layers.Also SNEmulDS's compatibility is hardly good,like I said you have to constantly change layers which is a pain and horrible.

Anyways the GBA emu will be updated and they probably won't use SNEmulDS(save the source code)

6. Chaosruler

Member Chaosruler GBAtemp Fan

Israel
    Speaking of which, they promised PERFECT SNES compatibility, What about those games that required extra chip(s)? like Mario RPG and Megami Tensei

Only when they release the Software Development Kit it will worth the purchase, the features they put there are gimmicks (Especially Free Cheat, I'd use the computer for that) and Supercard team isn't known for being great coding masters, not as much as they are known for copying their source, which makes them relay on other firmware releases \ IMO they will never be the one to release the patch to fix any-kind of anti piracy first
    about that emulating the Slot I's commands, I'd never use it, it will KILL the portability of the DS with the massive battery use required to do that

7. coattails

Member coattails GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    So what are you trying to say, that the GBA emu is eventually going to be as smooth as a 3-in-1? Not going to happen.
    I'm trying to emphasize that it would be dumb to buy a DSTwo for the purpose of GBA emulation if you own a DSlite.
    I'm also aware that SNEmul isn't the best, but like the guy above me said, the supercard team isn't known for their spectacular programming skills and the SNES emulator is likely to be a derivative of SNEmul.

8. bou707

Newcomer bou707 Member

United States
    i hope they release the snes emulator soon.

9. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    I think the 3 in 1 AND the SDSTWO are both good choices, depending on what you want.

If you don't mind using a slot 2 device the 3 in one has better compatibility. but the DSTWO has the advantage of both being in a slot 1 device.

as far as SNES emu goes I would reccoment you wait to see how it is and have that be your deciding factor if it interests you. the SnemulDS has issues with a lot of games and requires a lot of tedious work while playing games.

10. Covarr

Member Covarr Sentient Cash Register

United States
    The SCDS2 doesn't have an internal battery to worry about. The 3-in-1 is great and all, but it's not fun having to either replace the thing or fiddle around with its insides and a new battery every few months.

11. fst312
    OP

Member fst312 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    that is why i don't have an ez flash 3in1 the first time i got it the battery died out in like 4 months.i got another one and the same problem occured so i never bought another one.