Hacking Question about Sun and Moon...

Demifiend

The bored one
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, last month there was a sea of people getting banned by using Nintendo's servers on Pokemon Sun and Moon, simply because those people used the leaked games, and accessed online days before the official release was out, now, I'm not one of those people, thank goodness, but since I want to be as careful as it could possibly be, is there any difference between using a Retail or Leaked cia/rom of the game?

Not about gameplay differences obviously, I'm talking about the online, can Nintendo detect which version is either the leaked one or the retail one? I don't want to risk a ban obviously, and while I'm sure I'd get replies like "Just do it man, there's no risk on that since the game has been released since last month" but I want to make sure that I can access online without any risk, because as someone said, better be prepared sooner than ever, and that's why I'm asking this question, so TL;DR

Can you access online in Pokemon Sun and Moon without any worries, either if one is the retail rom or the leaked one?

I'm using the retail one to be safe, but I want to know experiences about users who tried online with the leaked version.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo cannot detect between the cartridge version, eShop version, or one downloaded from freeShop/CIAngel. You can access online without any issues now, you could start going online after the game was released in your country last month. You can only get banned if you cheat online or if you went online with the games before they were officially released.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm able to play online with my leaked version of Sun no problems. For some reason no 3D effects work though.

To clarify further, the developers did not include stereoscopic 3D in the game at all, except during Poke Finder. Why? We'll never know... It's pretty annoying though, game looks a bit bland when compared to say, Alpha Sapphire with 3D effects in battles.

Pokemon Moon was actually the first game I played after A9LH+Luma setup on my console, and I was wondering for quite some time if it broke something as there was no 3D lol .. but yeah turns out it's simply not in the game.

I'm using the retail one to be safe, but I want to know experiences about users who tried online with the leaked version.

You're safe as long as you don't use a rom. That being a .3ds file, because these have private headers, and if your header is identical to that of another player (or hundreds seeing as it's a downloaded rom) .. then poof, banned. eShop games (CIA's) do not have headers, so they are not traceable.

If you have a legit game cartridge, but you have A9LH, you should sell the game and download the game from freeShop.

Last edited by Distrance,

Demifiend

The bored one
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, what I'm doing is, I have the .rom on my PC files, and I plan to convert it to .cia, since (and somehow) I always had better compatibility at running and installing .cia games when they are converted by my hand, more specifically, with "3DS Cia Converter"

Now, would that affect anything? Or since it is a cia it is imposible to trace at all? (this one is converted from a rom, mind you)

ispano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We'll never know? We do know. The system is already being pushed to the limit, no reason to make it choke even more.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well, what I'm doing is, I have the .rom on my PC files, and I plan to convert it to .cia, since (and somehow) I always had better compatibility at running and installing .cia games when they are converted by my hand, more specifically, with "3DS Cia Converter"

Now, would that affect anything? Or since it is a cia it is imposible to trace at all? (this one is converted from a rom, mind you)
Unless you have limited internet, it is way easier to use freeShop. Converting a rom manually is so 2014 :-p

D

Deleted User

This has been covered many times but it doesn't matter what CIA you use now if its leaked or legit.Nintendo where only witch hunting people who went online early.This means that since the game released and you didn't get banned,you are free to use any CIA of the game you want online.However...I think the leaked CIA only works on rxtools while the eshop version can only work on a currently used cfw such as luma with a9lh.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.