Question about skins

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Ver, Jun 17, 2010.

Jun 17, 2010

Question about skins by Ver at 11:12 PM (709 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Ver
    OP

Newcomer Ver Newbie

Canada
    Hi, I'm new to using the acekard, so please bear with me. I just received my acekard today and set it up; everything seems to work properly with one small exception: When I change the skin, it initially changes. However, when I was playing Tetris, I did a soft reset, and it changed back to the default skin, and I can not change it back. When I try, it asks me whether I would like to make the change, and then when I say yes, it just seems to do nothing - it just stays the on the same default skin. Thanks everyone.

2. Sigma845

Newcomer Sigma845 Newbie

United States
    Can you tell me where you purchased your card from, the site and location (was it in the states)? Also, can you tell me how much you paid for it and how long did it take for you to receive it? I have done a few searches but it's hard to tell which companies to chose from . .the prices vary from site to site and every once and awhile I find a post that says not to buy from a site that I happened to be looking at . . . .

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

3. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    If you want it specially from the US, then LeedMod or SimplyMods are your best bet. Otherwise you have ShopTemp which is affiliated with GBAtemp.

OP: make sure you've formatted your MicroSD card with the Panasonic formatter. They are quite a few posts where AKAIO has gone back to it's default settings after a soft reset. Given that in Wood 1.09 the brightness has been moved into a seperate file for similar reasons, it may be fixed in a similar fashion on the next AKAIO release.

4. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Just a quick question - I'm guessing you may be using AKAIO ??? - if so do you know what version you are using...

I'm not sure but I believe that the 1.6RC versions had this problem with 'default skin' & 'soft-reset' - not sure if it's been fixed with the latest 1.7 version

5. Ver
    OP

Newcomer Ver Newbie

Canada
    Yes, I am using AKAIO. Actually, I ordered my first card from ShopTemp and I got them to flash it, and then I did the update for 1.7. This card works perfectly well. However, when I received my second card today, I did not have it pre-flashed so I formatted it using the Panasonic Formatter and then just copied everything else from my first micro sd card. It just seems strange to me that only the second card does this... because I soft reset my first card all the time and I do not have the same problem. Thanks again

6. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    What's the skin that you are having problems with?

7. Ver
    OP

Newcomer Ver Newbie

Canada
    Umm.... It's called 'Restful Colors', but I honestly can't remember where I got it from... not too helpful, I know... it's not a big deal and I appreciate your guys' help with this

8. obito

Member obito I can have a title?! :O

New Zealand
    why don't you go to the globalsettings ini file and change the skin there and see what happens?