ethamcox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sup guys and very ugly girls,

I've a question about screen replacement. I've seen video tutorials yet I can't figure out the most important thing.

I've bought a screen without touchglass and the latter seems glued to the screen (according to what I saw in the videos). Did I miss something ?

If not, how do I properly release and attach the touchglass to the new screen ?

Tyvm

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it's double sided tape, but I could be wrong. I actually have the same issue with replacing a 3DS I have in my closet sitting around collecting dust.

I'm guessing you use a heat gun or a blow dryer on the screen to loosen up the double sided tape on the Wii-U screen, and then reattach the new one with double sided tape. I think you can use the same kind they use on cell phones.

ethamcox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the instantaneous answer.
Something bothers me though, I haven't found any detailed video / article on the best ways to teardown / reattach the screen / touchglass combo.
Where can I find this ? With all those people breaking their controllers, I wonder why I haven't found anything treating this exact topic.

ethamcox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did it aswell. To ease the process I gently heated the outer portion of the screen with a hairblower at minimal heat.

Never heat the same area for too long (risk of damaging the digitizer), make rounds for the corners to heat evenly.

Peel off the digitizer.

Make sure there's no dust before sticking it to the new screen.

Optional : When everything is setup gently heat again to strengthen the bond between the digitizer and the new screen.

Edit : by heat I mean 35-45°C. Anything above that is useless and might be dangerous.

Last edited by ethamcox,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol