Question about SaveMii, Splatoon, and how bans work.

Jyu_Sparktale

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if using SaveMii can get you banned in Splatoon online? Of course, we can’t really check that right now, but does anyone have previous experience about this? Basically, I was thinking if I play online with a new save, then use SaveMii to restore an old save and play online with that, would I get banned?

Trophies
XP
The only things that can get you banned on Splatoon is having unusually high P in a round (Paint Points), or modifying certain aspects of your static.pack file. (You can get around this by using the always at 0 P code, and just not touching the static.pack file)

The only other things I would be wary of is changing your rank to max. Other than that? Basically anything is fair game as the automated anti-cheat that's in place is fairly garbage. I cheated the hell out of that game for a while, as well as used saves from other people to obtain all weapons / armor, etc- and never had any issues doing so.

In short, you should be fine.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Remember that you need Aroma and Pretendo ( https://pretendo.network/docs/install/wiiu#aroma-1 ) to be able to play Splatoon online atm. AFAIK Pretendo adds more anti-cheat protection by patching the game on the fly.
Don't know what exactly they add through as I'm not a cheater, so I have no reason to look into that. What I know is that they ban based on a client certificate on your console, so their bans are better than Nintendos (Nintendo bans the serial number but that number can be changed with ease but you would need to be a Nintendo employee to be able to change the certificate).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol