Question about running Android on Switch for remote play over LAN.

Johnmariozelda99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. I have a fairly straightforward question that I can't seem to find an answer to. My overall plan is to connect to connect my switch to a LAN connection, and then use that connection to play PS remote play (has to be LAN, my internet won't support true remote play). I understand that this will limit me to playing in my home, that's fine.

After doing some research, I found that it's not possible to connect to a router that doesn't have an internet connection on a Switch. That doesn't really matter since there's not a remote play app for the Switch anyway, I'll need to run Android to install that. So my question is, does Android on Switch allow you to connect to a LAN connection that doesn't have an internet connection? I don't want my switch to connect to the internet so it doesn't get banned. Since my phone lets me connect to an internet-less connection, I would assume a Switch running Android would let me as well, but I just want to make sure before I go down a rabbit hole with no exit.

Thanks for any help

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello all. I have a fairly straightforward question that I can't seem to find an answer to. My overall plan is to connect to connect my switch to a LAN connection, and then use that connection to play PS remote play (has to be LAN, my internet won't support true remote play). I understand that this will limit me to playing in my home, that's fine.

After doing some research, I found that it's not possible to connect to a router that doesn't have an internet connection on a Switch. That doesn't really matter since there's not a remote play app for the Switch anyway, I'll need to run Android to install that. So my question is, does Android on Switch allow you to connect to a LAN connection that doesn't have an internet connection? I don't want my switch to connect to the internet so it doesn't get banned. Since my phone lets me connect to an internet-less connection, I would assume a Switch running Android would let me as well, but I just want to make sure before I go down a rabbit hole with no exit.

Thanks for any help
Your switch stops being "switch" when you use android. It runs completely from your sd card, you won't get banned using andoid/lakka/l4t, switch basically becomes just a regular android tablet (with joycons) where you can do anything that your android smartphone can do as well. So i guess that answers your question, If it works on your phone, it should work on switch android too.

Johnmariozelda99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your switch stops being "switch" when you use android. It runs completely from your sd card, you won't get banned using andoid/lakka/l4t, switch basically becomes just a regular android tablet (with joycons) where you can do anything that your android smartphone can do as well. So i guess that answers your question, If it works on your phone, it should work on switch android too.
Yep, that answers my question. I'll probably still leave it offline just to be safe, but you've gave me something to think about

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you need to set up an AP without internet connection anyway? Set up DNS mitm and that's it, no need to worry about getting banned. Also you don't need android to use remote play, chiaki has an native switch port.

Johnmariozelda99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you need to set up an AP without internet connection anyway? Set up DNS mitm and that's it, no need to worry about getting banned. Also you don't need android to use remote play, chiaki has an native switch port.
I'd just ultimately rather avoid going through the DNS process so I can minimize the risk of a ban. The problem with the native switch port is the switch won't connect to a router without an internet connection, so I can't use it. I wish there was a way to set up a wifi connection on a switch without internet access, but I haven't found anything.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Again, as randy_w said, use dns_mitm to block connections to Nintendo.
It also won't hurt to set up exosphere.
If you use both along with an emuNAND, you won't be banned and can access stock sysNAND to play online regularly or access the eShop etc. I done that for almost 2 years without getting banned.
https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    females don't exist
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Tamales exist.
    +1
    Setting FF to max performance on my gpu made it slower. lol. Tried it on Edge too just to see, and it made Edge slower too. lol
    Thanks for trying. :)
    +1
    ill just use edge and watch nintendo videos on firefox. lolol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The everything beagle cup noodles are actually pretty decent
    dog noodles. mmmmmm.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    monkey brains
    The cream cheese flavoring in the bagel cups scares me
    Did you try the breakfast one they make?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    A good salmon Poké bowl with some cream cheese is decadent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's really not bad you just think of cold cream cheese
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    being lactose intolerant is a sin
    I dont like cream cheese. Thats why. Haha. The breakfast noodle cup sounds fantastic though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I beat grilled cream cheese would be top notch
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    @ZeroT21 tons of ingredients contains lactose more or less sadly. Makes them tummy aches and farts-o-lantern rocket launches
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My only gripe too many poppy seeds a cop may taze me
    "Start your day with Cup Noodles Breakfast! This limited time flavor blends ramen with your favorite breakfast flavors, including pancakes, maple syrup, sausage, and eggs."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If our Walmart has them yours probably does
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I came to like french Camembert
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get way too self conscious about ingredients
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People get way too self conscious about ingredients