Hacking Question about replacing 3ds browser

Big Joseph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently downgraded my o3ds from 10.3 to 9.2 and I would really like to install the menuhax again using the browserhax but the hax that is used for the particular version of the browser is kinda not working for me iv been trying for 3 hours and still nothing i just keep getting crashes so I was wondering since I have a gateway and can access the gateway menu and install and delete cias can i replace the 9.2 browser with a browser from a higher firmware like 10.3 one or something to use the more stable browserhax would that even work? and is it even safe to do?

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I recently downgraded my o3ds from 10.3 to 9.2 and I would really like to install the menuhax again using the browserhax but the hax that is used for the particular version of the browser is kinda not working for me iv been trying for 3 hours and still nothing i just keep getting crashes so I was wondering since I have a gateway and can access the gateway menu and install and delete cias can i replace the 9.2 browser with a browser from a higher firmware like 10.3 one or something to use the more stable browserhax would that even work? and is it even safe to do?
I don't know what's going on, but another user said the somthing that browserhax was just plain not loading. It isn't working for me either. I think Nintendo did some shit :o

Big Joseph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know what's going on, but another user said the somthing that browserhax was just plain not loading. It isn't working for me either. I think Nintendo did some shit :o
wait so the 3 hours i spend pokeing my 3ds over and over and over and restarting over and over and over was is a site problem?

Cr4nkSt4r

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wait so the 3 hours i spend pokeing my 3ds over and over and over and restarting over and over and over was is a site problem?

Probably yes. I also spent 5 hours and everytime I got this message, there has to be something, maybe because there was an update on Yellows8's site, I've read something about an update on 03/01/2016, maybe this is a thing.
If you have cubic ninja you can perform the ninjhax exploit and you're fine. I didn't got the game but I got my Gateway 3DS, so I put the game rom in, installed menuhax on emuNAND and then switched the emuNAND to sysNAND, now I got my coldboot back, easy as that without spending hours on hours to try finding the error on my site :P

If you've look'd carefully on your browsers version and did some research, you would notice that the stock version on this FW hasn't the nag update and also is compatible. But that wouldn't helped you at all because it's not your fault atm.

[EDIT]
Found it again:
https://github.com/yellows8/browserhax_site/commits?author=yellows8

Maybe he did something wrong when he was redirecting to https stuff

Last edited by Cr4nkSt4r,

Big Joseph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably yes. I also spent 5 hours and everytime I got this message, there has to be something, maybe because there was an update on Yellows8's site, I've rea something about an update on 03/01/2016, maybe this is a thing.
If you have cubic ninja you can perform the ninjhax exploit and you're fine. I didn't got the game but I got my Gateway 3DS, so I put the game rom in, installed menuhax on emuNAND and then switched the emuNAND to sysNAND, now I got my coldboot back, easy as that without spending hours on hours to try finding the error on my site :P

If you've look'd carefully on your browsers version and did some research, you would notice that the stock version on this FW hasn't the nag update and also is compatible. But that wouldn't helped you at all because it's not your fault atm.
oh so i can use a cubic ninja rom to run ninjahax and install menuhax i never knew you could do that can i install it directly to sysnand? i dont have emunand setup yet

Cr4nkSt4r

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oh so i can use a cubic ninja rom to run ninjahax and install menuhax i never knew you could do that can i install it directly to sysnand? i dont have emunand setup yet

You have first to install it to emuNAND I think, I didn't found a way where you can install something from the emuNAND to sysNAND, it would be also preferable to unlink both, also for later use.

So use your flashcard, boot into it, save your sysNAND, flash it to your emuNAND, install menuhax or something you wanton the emuNAND and then flash it back to your sysNAND.

If you unlink them, there should be some tutorials out there for your use.

Big Joseph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so i have to install it to emunand how do i get it to sysnand then and unlinking sysnan and emunand requires formating the 3ds with out the sd right wont that mess up the menuhax when your done?

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
so i have to install it to emunand how do i get it to sysnand then and unlinking sysnan and emunand requires formating the 3ds with out the sd right wont that mess up the menuhax when your done?
If you have a legit(bought) cartridge of Cubic Ninja, then you can install ninjhax on sysNAND

Cr4nkSt4r

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you have a legit(bought) cartridge of Cubic Ninja, then you can install ninjhax on sysNAND

Yes, like I said in my first post, but with an flashcart you have to use your emuNAND.

You can still save your full SD cart if you backup the same sysNAND which is running with theese files, so you can later flash this backup in your emu- or sysNAND, as you prefer. I flashed my old sysNAND to my emuNAND because this will always hold the newest Firmware so I'll always boot into this to play my games.

Cr4nkSt4r

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wrote it down in another thread:

1) I did an backup#1 of my sysNAND 9.2.0.20E, also all the files from the SD cart
2) Then created a new stock one with format my emu- and then sysNAND, configured the 3DS from scratch, only the needed parts
3) Made again an backup#2 of my new sysNAND, also 9.2.0.20E and made an backup of the new created files off SD cart
4) Then flashed the last sysNAND backup#2 to my emuNAND
5) After that I launched HBL with ninjhax2 on emuNAND
6) Installed menuhax on emuNAND
7) Made an backup#3 of my emuNAND which is holding the menuhax cooldboot right now
8) Again formatted my emu- and then sysNAND so don't keep any tracks
9) Flashed the emuNAND backup#3 into my sysNAND wich is then holding the menuhax
10) Flashed the sysNAND backup#1, my original NAND with all my stuff on it to my emuNAND

Yeah I know a littl bit complicated, but I started yesterday with this stuff, didn't even read about something like the cold boot because I aways put my Gateway in and boot from go.gateway-3ds.com.
But I didn't want to do that all the time especially if there is no WiFi :D
So please forgive me about this complicated steps, I'll learn right now :)

Cr4nkSt4r

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
quick question how do you flash the emunand backup to the sysnand

It's simple, with emuNAND Tool
https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/

You can backup the emuNAND from your SD card really easy and then, with the gateway onto the sysNAND.
If someone has the original cartrige he only install on sysNAND, so he doesn't need this tool, but we do :P

If you don't know how to install on sysNAND with gateway, put the NAND.bin, in this case your real emuNAND, in the root dir of your SD cart, then head over to the gateway menu, to the far right, the downgrade option, hold up on D-Pad and press A. Then you can flash the NAND.bin file to your sysNAND.

Cr4nkSt4r

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yup, was a little bit of research but at least I got some new skills which I can use as base for something new.
It's not bad to learn something new and it was fun to think about all that and at least, the hard work pay off ^^
Everything works fine.

But take care, as CreativeMan wrote:
Flashing EmuNAND on SysNAND may be risky, first if the version is above 9.2 you'll lock yourself out of the possibility of using EmuNAND again, worst that may happen is bricking if update on EmuNAND has been done manually with Gateway...

If you try to take other steps then mine or you misunderstood me, you should know, only work with your original sysNAND and the new created sysNAND, they both have to be suppoted versions for hacking.

[EDIT]
I also used always the tubeHAX DNS to not accidentally update something in this whole process. You should always use this DNS until you really want an update. So you can replace the DNS, make the update and put the DNS back in :P
107.211.140.065 is the IP for DNS

Reactions: CreativeMan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la