Question about PSP Basegame for TN-V

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Tommyco13, May 25, 2016.

1. Tommyco13
    OP

Tommyco13 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2014
    Canada
    Hello.

Yesterday, I decided to pick up my old PS Vita from it's shelf with the intend to hack it. I've followed every steps of every guide I could find, but my adventures ended when I realized I needed an actual PSP game to hack my Vita. Since no guide seemed to talk this, I made this thread.

My questions are the following :
    1. Is there any Free / Demo PSP game I can download on my PS3 and transfert to my Vita?
    2. If not, before I waste $0,99 on a shovelware game, are all PSP games equally good for hacking a Vita or do I need to look for a certain game size or what-not?

2. ultramario1998

ultramario1998 no woof tipsic

May 7, 2014
    United States
    Not Here
    What game you need depends on your firmware. Go here and input your firmware number to see what you need.

3. Tommyco13
    OP

Tommyco13 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2014
    Canada
    Thank you for the link.
    My console is a Fat 3.15 and most exploit games listed are for newer firmware. Does that mean I can install TN-V in any PSP game?

4. ultramario1998

ultramario1998 no woof tipsic

May 7, 2014
    United States
    Not Here
    Yep. Just follow this and you should be good to go.

5. Tommyco13
    OP

Tommyco13 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2014
    Canada
    Alright, that is all the help I'll need for now. Thank you very much for your time. :)

6. Nirmonculus

Nirmonculus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2014
    All the links were broken...

How do you get a psp game to the vita? Mine is fw 3.35, can I use the psn store to buy a psp game without updating my firmware?

7. Tommyco13
    OP

Tommyco13 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2014
    Canada
    You can transfer games from a PS3 to an activated Vita.
    If you don't already have an activated Vita use Tutorial 5 this guide. I'd recommend using OpenCMA instead of QCMA though. QCMA has a bunch of driver issues.

Last edited by Tommyco13, May 30, 2016
    Nirmonculus likes this.