Hacking Question about PSN game releases...

Cornholio309

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, because of my stupidity a while back, I forgot my PSN account password and had to create a new one to purchase content on the PSN again because I had no way of recovering my old one....Or so I thought. Long story short, got my old one back, but because I just needed a new E-Mail address for PSN I didn't really write down the details of the E-Mail account elsewhere, so I've completely lost my new one.

My question is by any chance possible to "crack" PSN titles so this way they aren't restricted to just one account? Attempting to boot up any of the games I bought with my new account results in a "The Game could not be started" error. This has to be possible I would imagine, as I've found a .cso dump of the PSP Mini Tetris that works just fine with CFW. If it isn't, I know where to get the ISOs, but I would like to know if it is possible to do so.

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
To my knowledge, CFW bypasses all licenses. I can run PSX roms no problem on my PSP by conversion into eboot files using PSX2PSP (google it), and I would think PSN games are the same. Someone else correct me if I'm wrong.

For instance, I have Spyro 2 Ripto's Rage, Ehergeiz, Sailor Moon (J) etc. - all of these games I cannot run on OFW because I downloaded them on the internet, not from PSN. But with CFW, I bypass the license error and run the game. CFW also allows for CWCHEAT - something regular OFW would clearly block. It can do so much!

It is against forum policy to provide links to obtain ISOs, ROMs, and any kind of warez. You'll need to do the searching yourself. While what I crossed out still remains true, I see you've done that, and I'm tired, misread. XD You should have no problem running PSP games on a PSP, downloaded or not with CFW.

Sorry I don't have any more information to give you, but I hope this answers your question.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Actually stuff you download from PSN comes encrypted, while stuff you generally pirate has already been decrypted, and stuff you convert yourself is not encrypted in the first place. To play the downloaded games you either need to decrypt them (which needs the keys you were given) or simply have the keys alongside them (keys.bin is written into flash2 IIRC, somewhere users on OFW have no access).

Reactions: Xarsah16

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
In this case, I would recommend to try downloading non-encrypted versions of the files you got from the PSN - since those keys do not seem to be recoverable if you lost the account info. :)

Thanks, Rydian!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1