Question about old flashcarts and 3DS/N3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by tiduscrying, Feb 19, 2015.

1. tiduscrying
    OP

tiduscrying that butt...

Jun 12, 2012
    United States
    HELL
    Hey everyone. I just have a quick question about my R4i-SDHC and 3DS. I recently got a N3DS XL, and in the process gave my girlfriend my original 3DS. For awhile now, she has been using my DSi and my R4 to play some (DS) backups, soley because I thought that 3DSes blocked R4 carts.

In the interest of cutting costs and simplifying things, do 3DSes still block normal DS carts? Also, can anyone with a N3DS confirm or deny if DS-mode carts still work (just out of curiosity).I thought I saw somewhere that DS-mode carts weren't being blocked anymore as of FW 7.XX, but is this true? If this is the case, hopefully I can sell that DSi and just get another R4 so we can both have one and call it a day! :lol:

2. Fabbbrrr

Fabbbrrr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2015
    Argentina
    Melbourne, Australia
    Few days ago we responded in a topic very similar to this, please go to the forum and look for it.

I can ensure that r4 from r4igold.cn is working on my n3ds xl 9.0 and 2ds 9.2.

3. tiduscrying
    OP

tiduscrying that butt...

Jun 12, 2012
    United States
    HELL
    Damn, you guys are fast! Sorry I wasn't rigorous enough with my search... Awesome to hear though! Once I get my hands back on the R4 I should be able to check it out.

4. Fabbbrrr

Fabbbrrr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2015
    Argentina
    Melbourne, Australia
    /close

:P

5. tiduscrying
    OP

tiduscrying that butt...

Jun 12, 2012
    United States
    HELL
    Huzzah! Can confirm that my R4i from R4ids.cn is running perfectly fine on the latest official firmware for the New 3DS XL! Time to play some DS games again!