Hacking Question about installing DLC cias

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of installing Smash Bros DLCs, and I have a few questions before doing so.

1. How do I update the DLC when theres a new update for DLCs?

2. How do you delete the DLC cia if you don't want it anymore?

3. I heard someone lost all their data going in the system settings software management deleting a cia game or something. I might have read it wrong. Is this true? If it is, is it for emunand, or sysnand?

4. Is it possible to get banned playing with cia DLC online?

Last edited by Ichigo1000,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. How do I update the DLC when theres a new update for DLCs?
install the new update cia using bbm
2. How do you delete the DLC cia if you don't want it anymore?
system settings
3. I heard someone lost all their data going in the system settings software management deleting a cia game or something. I might have read it wrong. Is this true? If it is, is it for emunand, or sysnand?
likely true . . . they did not unlink there nands first
4. Is it possible to get banned playing with cia DLC online?
is it unreleased dlc? (or dlc for an unreleased game) and are you cheating (online). . . if the answer is no your good because those are just about the only reasons nintendo will pass out bans

Last edited by wormdood,

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
install the new update cia using bbm
system settings
likely true . . . they did not unlink there nands first
is it unreleased dlc? (or dlc for an unreleased game) and are you cheating (online). . . if the answer is no your good because those are just about the only reasons nintendo will pass out bans
I've unlinked my nands. Is it safe to enter data management? Also, I use FBI instead. But is there anything good about bbm that I should use it instead?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've unlinked my nands. Is it safe to enter data management?
then yes
Also, I use FBI instead. But is there anything good about bbm that I should use it instead?
yes . . . when installing bbm knows if the cia goes to sd or nand and will do so automatically and, when deleting bbm will only show you a list of user installed titles (including eshop games) so anything you see is (potentially) safe to delete
also bbm has a save file manager built in
another thing fbi sometimes has issues installing (some) dlc.cia

Last edited by wormdood,

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then yes
yes . . . when installing bbm knows if the cia goes to sd or nand and will do so automatically and, when deleting bbm will only show you a list of user installed titles (including eshop games) so anything you see is (potentially) safe to delete
also bbm has a save file manager built in
another thing fbi sometimes has issues installing (some) dlc.cia
Ah. Should I completely replace it with BBM and delete fbi then? maybe for safety purposes. Or would I need it for something else later? Can BBM do anything that FBI can do?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah. Should I completely replace it with BBM and delete fbi then? maybe for safety purposes. Or would I need it for something else later? Can BBM do anything that FBI can do?
fbi can overwrite existing titles (bbm cant) devmenu2x (a mod of the same cia installer bbm is a mod of) however can overwrite existing titles
also fbi install cias via network (neither bbm or devmenu can do that)

personally i keep all three around . . . a cia installer is tiny and (sometimes) always useful

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fbi can overwrite existing titles (bbm cant) devmenu2x (a mod of the same cia installer bbm is a mod of) however can overwrite existing titles
also fbi install cias via network (neither bbm or devmenu can do that)

personally i keep all three around . . . a cia installer is tiny and (sometimes) always useful
Ah. But if I delete FBI, can't I just use it in the homebrew launcher?

Also, is it necessary to delete the old dlc cia before applying the new one?

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the system region and the game region match then you may download the update from the eshop
Oh wait, I have one more thing in mind. Is it possible to use real time cheats in reinand? I heard NTR does, but it seems to not support cia. Is it possible to use both at the same time?

I see the thread say that you can't use it with cia or non legit cartridges.. Yet I see some people say it works with gateway and any other cfw.. I'm a bit confused.

Last edited by Ichigo1000,

Noelemahc

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Oh wait, I have one more thing in mind. Is it possible to use real time cheats in reinand? I heard NTR does, but it seems to not support cia. Is it possible to use both at the same time?

I see the thread say that you can't use it with cia or non legit cartridges.. Yet I see some people say it works with gateway and any other cfw.. I'm a bit confused.
You can run NTR from inside any other CFW to combine their functions. This includes ReiNAND.

Reactions: wormdood

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You can make a post on the DS forum about your findings, and they'll do their best to respond...