Question about Ghostbusters

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by xyourmomx, Jun 16, 2009.

Jun 16, 2009

Question about Ghostbusters by xyourmomx at 5:54 AM (1,174 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. xyourmomx
    OP

Newcomer xyourmomx Member

United States
    So... I see all this hooplah relating to Ghostbusters and Indiana Jones.

My question is... Why? I understand with the softmods you constantly need workarounds and such

But for those with a WiiKey (I have a v1) why does it get stuck at the health and safety screen? I know with some games you need to install the IOS's, is that the case here?

I did do a quick search and could only find threads relating to soft mods and nothing with hard mods. I know WiiKey2 seems to work without a problem

Is there something i'm just missing here?

Thanks!

2. joinx

Newcomer joinx Advanced Member

Mauritius
    Me too having same prob here..i have mod chip and getting green screen when i load indiana jones...i found only solution for soft mod...i also post a thread but still no help...hope some1 help u...

3. scousethief

Member scousethief GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    V1 wiikey pal wii , firmware was 3.4 downgraded to 3.2 , all games play fine for me , ghostbusters was NOT brrick blocked or regionfrii'd and played perfectly fine in my wii.
    The softmods are good and can pretty much do anything a chip can But as far as i can see its better to have a chip in the long run.

4. joinx

Newcomer joinx Advanced Member

Mauritius
    mine is a 3.2 firmware...use gecko os 1.7...i brickblock and use wii scrubber to remove error 002..but when i load i get green screen..

5. alucard77

Member alucard77 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have a Wiikey, but I haven't tried this game with a DVD since I don't feel like burning them anymore. With my USB drive it ran with out an issue.

I have:
    - Wiikey 1.9G
    - 3.2U
    - Rev 13A

The problem that most people have is that they don't read. If you have Rev 13A installed, you will be fine. Any other Rev and your screwed.

As for a disk, I am not sure. But I would recommend everyone to get a USB drive, and save your DVDs.

6. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    I have it working on both modchip and USB.

I had been playing it with Rev13B on disc, and it worked fine on my Yaosm (Yowii clip).

Wanted a little faster load times, so installed Rev13A, and tossed it on my HD. Works perfectly...

You want a solution for your modchip? Try updating the firmware on it... that might be the problem!

7. scousethief

United Kingdom
    lol i would but the wife knocked the wii off the tv cabinet with the mic still plugged into the usb port , bing bang bong 1 broken usb port.

8. alucard77

United States
    Good thing the Wii has two usb ports.

I am surprised after that fall the DVDs still read.

9. scousethief

United Kingdom
    my external usb hdd uses 2 ports [​IMG] its one of those small laptop drives inside.

I have just ordered one of those mains socket plugs with the usb port in them ( can use them to charge most things usb ) im hoping i can use that for one of the dual leads and then plug the other into the one remaining usb socket , after that its rip it apart and solder in 2 new usb ports lol.

10. alucard77

United States
    Not sure if that will work unfortunately. If I were you, I would get a powered USB hub.

But HD have problems with the internal USB, not sure what luck you'll have with a hub.

11. The Bishop

Newcomer The Bishop Member

United States
    Where is everyone getting the game? alt.binaries.wii is showing a missing file rar.86 on the Wiizard download. This appears to be only missing file.

12. xxRAG3

Member xxRAG3 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Google and download the following IOSes to make sure all of the new games you get work:

IOS16
    |
    1.54 MB

ios38
    |
    1.85 MB

IOS53
    |
    1.67 MB

IOS55
    |
    1.83 MB

13. xyourmomx
    OP

Newcomer xyourmomx Member

United States
    All my IOS's have been up to date and trucha patched. So That's not it. I was wondering if there was some new one aside from 53/55 ones