Question about GameStop Exclusive Wii U Games

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by drfsupercenter, Feb 6, 2014.

1. drfsupercenter
    OP

drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    So I saw this the other day:

http://i.imgur.com/FmvA0lY.jpg

What exactly was "exclusive" in that package? I'm assuming it's just DLC like other Ubisoft titles, in which case there's next to no chance the used one would still have that code.

The listing on GameStop's website doesn't even mention such an exclusive. And their price for pre-owned is way higher than it was at the store I was at.

If it was just DLC, does anyone know if that DLC is actually available on the eShop for anyone to buy? Since in that case I won't bother trying to hunt one of those down with a working code... but I'd like to know what exactly the exclusive contents are.

Thanks

2. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    I don't know but what I do know is that my GameStop has SoulSilver listed as an exclusive and has the price in the $60 range. FFFFFF

3. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    It comes with a paper with DLC code. Don't know if those DLC is up for sale though.

DLC content: Upper Echelon Pack, Tactical Crossbow and Gas Arrows, 4E Eclipse Ops Suit, VSS Sniper Rifle

4. drfsupercenter
    OP

drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    LOL, yeah, they have some really sketchy advertising sometimes. I remember when I bought Pokémon White version, their site listed the Wi-Fi event as an "exclusive" which made me buy it there, only to realize I could have just ordered it on Amazon, saved the tax money, and still gotten the event. Needless to say I wasn't too happy but since I had already opened the game (and inside the box, there was just a sheet saying how to use Wi-Fi) I couldn't return it.

Thanks. I don't have my Wii U with me at the moment but I'll have a look if it's on there to buy. Or at least next time I'm at GameStop I'll see if the used copy still has that code sheet.