Vapourstreak

OP
Trophies
Website
vapourstreak.moonfruit.com
XP
Country
Canada
I got a PSP a couple days ago and istalled custom firmware with Lumines.

1) I heard that compressign ISO's will make it lost some sounds and other things. True?

2) How big are ISO's, because I bought a 4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo, so if that is big enouygh, I'm not going to compress the ISO's

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have a 4GB stick then you don't really need to worry about compressing them. My friend has only a 1GB stick, and he can always fit atleast one full sized game at a time.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a PSP a couple days ago and istalled custom firmware with Lumines.

1) I heard that compressign ISO's will make it lost some sounds and other things.  True?

2) How big are ISO's, because I bought a 4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo, so if that is big enouygh, I'm not going to compress the ISO's
The first one is wrong. Compressing ISOs will rarely cause problems with a game and at most increase loading times a tad I believe. Ripping ISOs is what you are thinking of. That is when you literally remove files from the iso to reduce the size. Such files could be extra languages, update folders, videos, multiplayer content, music or quite literally anything else you don't want/need in a game, provided the missing content does not cause crashing of course.

And ISO sizes vary. The maximum size is around 1.8GB but many do not go over 1GB. So a 4GB stick is plenty.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Name a game that goes over 1GB, I've yet to see one...
wtf.gif

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DJMax Portable 2 CSO is 1.52GB
Untold Legends The Warriors Code CSO is 1.23GB
SDGGeneration Portable, CSO is 0.98GB
Gitaroo Man Live Europe CSO is 946MB
Also there are several games that are CSO ~900MB

1GB MS has capacity of 900 some MB, it's unwise to try 980MB game in there.

Back to on topic, I made all my ISOs into CSOs, hoping I can stick in another game, but really didn't happen. On average you'd have 5~6 games in your 4GB MS. I'd say that's just barely enough number of games to have in my PSP. (Well at least one UMD game will be in my PSP to increase by 1)

edit: forgot to say 4GB

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, totally depends on what games you play.
I prefer full over rip, but still I can stick 18 (theoretically could go over but I don't have small games any more) games in my 4GB or I can max out after putting 3 games, really depends.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.techspot.com/news/103548-korean-isp-accused-installing-malware-600000-customers-pcs.html