Hacking question about cIOSCORP installation

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I heard the only way i can brick my console with this is if the power goes off while its installing, solets say i'm unlucky enough for that to happen to me, is there anyway i can recover it with starfall installed or is this one of those bricks you cant easily recover from? i only got a new Wii a week ago so i dont want to brick it again already.

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on your Wii's firmware.

Also make sure you have Preloader installed.

Oh and for a normal brick, I don't think so. If you forget to install a part of CIOSCORP, nothing bad will happen. At least for me.

If you lose power while installing a CIOS, I don't know.

Doesn't sound healthy anyway.

twofive

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If you lose power at IOS30 (IOS60 on 4.0), you're screwed.
All other IOS don't really matter on the Wii, they're only for Games and Homebrewstuff.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
damn then its not worth it. can anyone tell me how to run sam and maxon wii back up loader then, the only time it worked for me was when i installed cIOSCORP on my other wii.

D

Deleted User

Why isn't it worth it? It's just one IOS that could screw you up. And installing one IOS ain't that slow. Plus, don't do cIOS or any installing shit during heavy rain.

If you're paranoid just say it....

-----------------

To run sam & Max, just use the rebooter function, der....

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
lol fine i'm paranoid. and are you sure the rebooter works, i tried it before and it didn't but that was before i had the 002 fix launcher. maybe i'll just try it lol.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
misticknight said:
lol fine i'm paranoid. and are you sure the rebooter works, i tried it before and it didn't but that was before i had the 002 fix launcher. maybe i'll just try it lol.

If it bricks, blame me. Gawd it's not THAT dangerous. Just install preloader if you're paranoid, or just don't install it. You are guaranteed safe with preloader installed.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
misticknight said:
should i install it on 3.2 or just keep Starfall since thats what i currently have. which is better?

Preloader is better. But a bit more advanced. If you have twilight hack installed, a zelda disc, and the starfall hack which boots recovery menu with Y on a gamecube controller, then you should be fine with starfall. But installing cIOSCORP is really not a big thing. With system menu 3.2 you should be completely safe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe the Amiga or ST version is nice....