Android Question about chrome beta for android not supporting flash.

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan on buying the upcoming Google Nexus Tablet. Since it will have ice cream sandwich, I'm guessing it will come with the new chrome browser. But I heard that adobe will not make flash player available for it. So does that mean that video streaming websites like putlocker, videobb, veoh, youtube, sockshare, novamov, videoweed, etc won't work on it? Because if so then that's a big problem :(

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You'd still be able to install a different browser for flash sites if that was the case I would assume. E.g. Dolphin browser.

Also, some sites like YouTube etc. Have HTML5 players now for devices without flash (largely due to iOS devices refusal to support flash)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
If I were you I'd just stay away from Chrome on Android as a whole, at least until it's out of it's beta stages. By then I assume Adobe will give up the fight and allow flash to work. Dolphin Browser is currently the best browser (in my and others opinions) so just use that. You don't get anything too special with Chrome anyways.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Chrome for Android is great. I've been using it since I got my Galaxy Nexus. The lack of Flash support is disappointing though, which is why I have link associations set up so any youtube link that gets clicked gets opened in the stock browser, which DOES support Flash. I don't think ICS for the tablet would ship with Chrome, because it doesn't on the phones.

Worst case scenario though, Dolphin HD supports Flash, so you can always use that.

You'd still be able to install a different browser for flash sites if that was the case I would assume. E.g. Dolphin browser.

Also, some sites like YouTube etc. Have HTML5 players now for devices without flash (largely due to iOS devices refusal to support flash)

I've yet to be able to make the HTML5 player work on the stock ICS browser on youtube :/

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've yet to be able to make the HTML5 player work on the stock ICS browser on youtube :/
But what about on Chrome for Android, rather than stock? Seeing as stock should support Flash anyway...

Derp, that's what I meant to say. Since stock obviously supports Flash and I have Flash installed, the Flash version works.

But in Chrome, since Flash is unsupported, I haven't yet figured out a way to get the HTML5 player to launch. The standard player pops up inline in the pag, but just hangs on loading forever. Once or twice it may have loaded a video, but not often enough to be useful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really...