ROM Hack Question about cheats

Butterslime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a bit of an issue that maybe someone can help me with. So I created my own Dragon quest builders 2 cheats and they worked flawlessly until I updated the game. Now I know that the build id changes and all that and I have that all set, but non of my codes work. Even when i refind the stuff i need and change the amount, nothing. I tried Edizon with other games and it works just fine, but when it comes to DQB2, nothing works. What am I missing? Can anyone shed some light into this small issue if possible.

merlin555

Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm having a bit of an issue that maybe someone can help me with. So I created my own Dragon quest builders 2 cheats and they worked flawlessly until I updated the game. Now I know that the build id changes and all that and I have that all set, but non of my codes work. Even when i refind the stuff i need and change the amount, nothing. I tried Edizon with other games and it works just fine, but when it comes to DQB2, nothing works. What am I missing? Can anyone shed some light into this small issue if possible.

In an update, the addresses of the codes usually change.
Have you renewed and searched for them ?

Butterslime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I researched the new addresses and found them or atleast the 2 that edizon is giving me. I changed them as I normally would and still nothing. Even did different spots and still wont work.

Butterslime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the original Build Id was 1a0b233dc70b7f6e the new one I got from edizon is f311f4b1e6f32be0. Ill upload the 2 files I have maybe someone can find what it is that Im missing. The newer sheet has the two addresses separate just because I dont know which one it is and it'll pinpoint it for me

Attachments

• f311f4b1e6f32be0.txt
    112 bytes · Views: 120
  • 1a0b233dc70b7f6e.txt
    214 bytes · Views: 87

merlin555

Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
HEAP or MAIN not confused ?

Or do the 2 items need a pointer?
I never played or cheating the game.
That's why I can't tell you more.

Butterslime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HEAP. No worries, Im sure Im missing something and thats why I cant get it to work. I even took the whole folder off and started back from scratch and nothing.

merlin555

Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you have the SX OS ?
If so, go to the CHEAT engine of SX OS and take the RAM editor.

Check the address.
Or is the address dynamic ?

Butterslime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:hateit: all this time wasted. You are a saint Falo, thank you both for your help. I shall borrow those cheats since someone smarter went through the trouble of making them. :bow:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But...