question about burned discs

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. With the appropriate cIOS installed (don't know which) and CFG USB Loader. Maybe NeoGamma will read them too.
Isn't there a way to load them from the wii disc channel as if there where a modchip installed?

I recall doing something years ago but I was so young I don't remember what tools I used. But it was all done via softmodding

Shgofc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
please.hackmii.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Isn't there a way to load them from the wii disc channel as if there where a modchip installed?

I recall doing something years ago but I was so young I don't remember what tools I used. But it was all done via softmodding
install priiloader if you dont have it and follow this steps:
1- go to system menu hacks and turn on force disc games run under ios 249
2- go to settings and turn off use sm ios
3- set ios to 249
4- done
edit: post a syscheck before doing

Reactions: Ryccardo

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3- set ios to 249
4- done
Wow thats so easy. I remember doing so much more than that. I think I was installing custom iOS files manually. I just remember a hex editor like screen on my families tv lol

Shgofc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
please.hackmii.com
XP
Country
Brazil
3- set ios to 249
4- done

Wow thats so easy. I remember doing so much more than that. I think I was installing custom iOS files manually. I just remember a hex editor like screen on my families tv lol
post a syscheck before doing it, it may not work on every wii

Reactions: AkikoKumagara

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Cioscorp was exactly that (a CIOS, just the one as at that time there were no modern multi-base CIOSes, duplicated to cover all official IOS "numbers"/titleIDs), in fact at the time it was superior because
1- it works without Priiloader (actually at that time it would have been Preloader or Startpatch, on 3.2 of course)
1b- There weren't both force 249 for discs and change wiimenu IOS options
2- CIOS at that time didn't have anti-002 patches so forcing IOS would cause error 002 on then-newer games

it may not work on every wii
True but the reason is that not all optical drives can read anything that's not an official GC/Wii disc, so it really depends on the drive model (no D3v2, no D4, no D4v2=D5, no WiiU, no WiiMini, yes almost every console from before give or take the horizontal wiis, yes any wii to which an older drive was fitted)

• Love
Reactions: TheStonedModder

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cioscorp was exactly that (a CIOS, just the one as at that time there were no modern multi-base CIOSes, duplicated to cover all official IOS "numbers"/titleIDs), in fact at the time it was superior because
1- it works without Priiloader (actually at that time it would have been Preloader or Startpatch, on 3.2 of course)
1b- There weren't both force 249 for discs and change wiimenu IOS options
2- CIOS at that time didn't have anti-002 patches so forcing IOS would cause error 002 on then-newer games

True but the reason is that not all optical drives can read anything that's not an official GC/Wii disc, so it really depends on the drive model (no D3v2, no D4, no D4v2=D5, no WiiU, no WiiMini, yes almost every console from before give or take the horizontal wiis, yes any wii to which an older drive was fitted)
That explains that error I could never figure out

I just remember telling my family to play my burned copy of rock band instead of the retail one they got because the Wii wouldn’t work with the retail one

That’s all super interesting to know. Thanks for shedding light on what I did years ago I was always curious but could never remember enough to google it again. I can’t believe my younger self was so determined lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway