Question about Battlefield 4

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by JoostinOnline, Dec 25, 2016.

1. JoostinOnline
    OP

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    I'm thinking about buying Battlefield 4 since it's on sale, but I don't know which edition to get. I don't really care about campaign. I just want it for multiplayer. Am I going to get plenty of games if I just buy the regular edition?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    All the expansions were available for free for a week or so back in September. I imagine many got them then.
    There are some good maps, ones people even have 24/7 servers for. in the base game but it is surprisingly few if you are more used to other games.

My proxy is messing me around so I can't check the US one but the UK version of origin access (the monthly premium thing) has the premium version come with the service which is £4 a month (compared to twice that for the base game and several times that for the premium version. No minimum contract and if you sign back up the game will come back. I am not a fan of paying for a demo but that is not bad.

3. JoostinOnline
    OP

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    So do you recommend I buy the premium version?

Sent from behind you

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I played the original for a while and then was playing it when all the DLC went free in September. There is nothing absolutely unbelievable in the DLC but the five or so maps everybody mainly plays from the base game do really get tedious after a while and the DLC mixes it up a bit. I don't have the greatest tolerance for repetition and online games in general (though I still managed to put in more hours on this than most other online games in recent years). You can definitely have fun on the base game though.

I looked and the US version of origin also has its monthly paid membership thing ( https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/origin-access
    at $4.99) come with Battlefield 4 and all the trimmings. I resent paying for a demo as much as anybody but $5 is worth a punt.