Homebrew Question about backing up nintendo ds games (roms)

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When backing up a nintendo ds game using this method:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5157993_back-up-ds-games.html

Does it also transfer the save file? If it doesn't then I'm in trouble. I just bought a supercard dstwo and I want to back up my nintendo ds games. But I don't want lose my save files. Especially for games like pokemon and digimon. Any advice?

SirCB85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It should give you 3 options, backing up the game itself, backing up the save from the game to your computer and restoring the save from your computer to the game.

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool. Thanks
smile.gif

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I need help. I followed that method exactly. But when I try to backup my ds saves, my ds screen says data transfer failed please do over again. Why won't it work? And where do the sav files go after you upload them?

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I'm using the wifi one. What I mean is where do I find the save files on my computer after they've transfered? What folder do they go to? But unfortunately every time I try to upload a save I keep getting that data transfer failed message. I don't know what else to do.

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind. I figured it out
smile.gif
It turns out that even though the message data transfer failed comes on the screen, the file is still created and transfered to my computer. My problem was that I didn't know where the folder was that the game saves got dumped into. But I found it clicking on the run button in my computer's start menu and typing in c:/temp. Now I feel like a doofus for not being able to figure this out sooner. Thanks anyway guys
smile.gif

SirCB85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
gifi4 said:
why don't you put your micro sd into pc and just copy whole card onto a folder onto computer?
Because retailcarts of games normaly don´t have microSDs you could take out of it for that purpose?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Most likely the problem is, you haven't set the folder to WRITE permission.

In SmallFTP go Settings -> Users -> Select Username -> Edit
On the bottom "Permissions" window click Add, then type W into the Permissions box.
http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv262/t...z/smallftpd.png

I had to use NDS BackupTool Wifi because NDS BackupTool FTPd will not connect to my listed IP using:
Code:
ServerIPÂÂÂÂ192.168.1.101ÂÂÂÂ! FTPd IP address

Also.. Not sure if it's fixed in the "FTPd" version, but in the "Wifi" version when a file is complete (the progress bar reaches 100%) it still says that it failed, but in the handful of times I've used it SO LONG AS THE PROGRESS BAR GOT TO 100%, the files were fine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol, might help if I read all your replies
tongue.gif

Glad you got it working.

Any help with my issue (Can't set the Server IP) would be appreciated.
biggrin.gif

SirCB85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I didn´t say it would be harder, just why it´s not working the way he thought it would be and how to "fix" it
wink.gif

edit: fixed typo.

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I just backed up the rom for kingdom hearts 358/2 days and it took over 12 hours!! Is it suppose to take that long? Also why can't I backup saves for games like pokemon heartgold and pokemon soulsilver and pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky? The on screen menu says unknown save type.

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Bryon15 said:
Guys I just backed up the rom for kingdom hearts 358/2 days and it took over 12 hours!! Is it suppose to take that long? Also why can't I backup saves for games like pokemon heartgold and pokemon soulsilver and pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky? The on screen menu says unknown save type.
Bigger games take longer to backup.

For Heart Gold / Soul Silver, they work differently because of the IR for the Pokewalker. IIRC, you need a certain retail device to back up saves, though I admit to not checking recently, so something may be able to back up the data. Not sure about PMD: EoS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?