Gaming Question About Amazon Games

• Thread starter JustTheOtherGuy
  • Start date
  • Views 772
  • Replies 3
J

JustTheOtherGuy

So I am looking to buy the amazing spiderman for PC and steam has it for $50, but I see it for $17 download on amazon, does that mean that it includes a steam redemption code, or is it an individual download? This is one case, but I've been wondering it about a lot of games before

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never used Steam before, so take my advice with a grain of salt. But I searched the Amazon listing of the game and it states "Requires the Steam Client to activate." So yeah, again not really sure how that works and I don't understand the difference anyways. It's the same game no-matter what.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
That service isn't available in my region, but from the sounds of it it'll give you a code which you enter into steam to redeem your game. That or it'll take the humble bundle method of linking to your steam to automate the process.

nicklesminer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game specifically will give you a steam key you redeem in the steam client. Not all games are like that (some are origin, uplay, or you download directly from amazon.) Anytime you're curious about whether its steam or not you should be able to hit ctrl f and type in steam. If it brings it up saying it requires the steam client you'll get a key, if not its probably going to be one of the other options. You can still put it in your steam library as a non-steam game even if its not a steam key so your friends can still see what you're playing and you still have access to ingame chat, but it wouldn't have any steam specific features (achievements, cloud saving, etc)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: I was gonna say that. lol +1