Question About AC Adapter

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by raffaaa, Jul 8, 2013.

1. raffaaa
    OP

raffaaa Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2009
    Brazil
    Limeira
    Hey guys! I´m From brazil and purchased a Europe Wiiu!!!

Here in Brazil, The Voltages are 110~60hz, and the AC Adapter from Wiiu Shows 220~50Hz.

but the most impressive is that I Play normal! there´s no issues!!!

Any Problems if I Continue that way???

thanks in advance.

2. EzekielRage

EzekielRage Hero of the Void

Aug 21, 2012
    Australia
    The Void
    I suppose you have a power converter hooked up, otherwise you couldn't even plug the adapter in since it has a different input method?

3. raffaaa
    OP

raffaaa Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2009
    Brazil
    Limeira
    in other post a guy to the same thing but from 110 to 220! wich is more dangerous! and it Works fine! in the end I Think this power bricks are all bi-volt.

4. Walker D

Walker D I have a hat

Nov 15, 2009
    Brazil
    My home
    Don't know about the ones form Europe, but the USA ones seems to not be bivolt.. (as seen here and here) ..but the Japanese ones are bivolt ..I think.

See the info in your Power Supply, and compare with the pictures linked ...if on INPUT there is something like "100-240v 50/60hz", then yeah, it's bivolt and you're fine.
    But if the INPUT is the same that you find on the pics I linked, then you better be careful

5. trigger_ftu

trigger_ftu The FantomPhox

Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    Germany
    What it shows on the power brick is false. I am on Germany with a USA wiiu and it worked fine. No transformer being used. I can post images of how I am plugging a USA plug in to a euro outlet.