Hardware Question about 3D cameras and 3DS file compatibilities

Kunai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. I have been interested in getting a 3D camera that can import files to be displayed on a 3DS XL. When I had an original 3DS for the first time, I remember falling in love with the 3D camera that came with it. However, that love quickly faded due to its very poor resolution, color capabilities, etc.

With some 3D cameras coming down in price... the thought of getting a 3D camera to take pics and display them on my new 3DS LL (AKA the XL in Japan, where I currently live) has become very tempting. Does anyone have any real experience with 3D cameras that can make viewable photo/video content for the 3DS? I think a while back I read a forum post stating that the Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 camera can make such content for 3DS.

I also came across this post during a search.
http://3d-camera-review.toptenreviews.com/

The Panasonic Lumix DMC-3D1K seems to be the highest rated... but it doesn't come with a stereoscopic 3D screen like the Fujifilm camera. Basically, if I got this and it wasn't able to create viewable files for 3DS, I'd be boned because I don't have a 3DTV to show the pics.

If anyone has experiences to share, it would be really appreciated by me. Thank you so much for reading.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I have a FujiFilm finepix. The problems are twofold. Firstly the files are large and take ages to load. Secondly the perspective is off, probably due to the fact the images are designed to be displayed on a big screen. Obviously you can adjust them on the 3DS so it's not a major problem. Also for changing the file size you can use Stereo Photo Maker.

If your camera doesn't support the MPO file format, then you can use Stereo Photo Maker to convert.

Kunai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for your comments! It makes sense that the files would be much bigger... I will look into using
the program you just mentioned. People on Amazon Japan have been giving great reviews on the camera
even though it's 2 years old. I'm still on the fence on buying it.

How do the pictures look on a 3DS? Have you tried showing movies on the 3DS? Worth the purchase?

Thank you again. I really appreciate it.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Movies on the 3DS are a whole different kettle of fish. I've never really taken any films with the 3D camera that are worth bothering to convert & check (dont have a 3DS any more either, so...!)

Pictures look fine once they've been correctly realigned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr