Hacking Question about 1.08 Firmware

yukine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's fine to use cheats to enhance gameplay in some way, but I can barely play Tetris now, as there is that cheat where they will keep getting the four straight tetromino block.

Dazimus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Great... just what the Nintendo WFC needs, more cheaters.
rolleyes.gif
What's the point in playing then?

No idea exactly, if the cheats works online i'll be pissed. Fucking pissed.

Yep, no point going online with my DS now as cheating will become so widespread, way to ruin a game and take down wifi
mad.gif

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All of the cheats do indeed work online. The only cheat I use online is the shyguy cheat.

ShyGuy FTW!

I don't think the "Press (button) for (item)" codes work for Mario Kart DS (Personally tested it out myself). As far as I know, only the Shyguy code works but I'm not too sure about the course codes though.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yep, no point going online with my DS now as cheating will become so widespread, way to ruin a game and take down wifiÂ
mad.gif

How many people have a r4/m3? How many have (and have had for the past 6 months) an action replay?

Online gaming isn't suddenly useless - it's been that way for a long time. People have cheated online for a long time.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, it first started with real hackers. Minimum amount and it only did wide damage whenever they decided to share it.

Then came Action replay, doing small damage as well, as you were still required to own an original copy of the game to actually do some hacking.

Then it was dipstar, doing the least damage as it was somewhat more complicated to get it work. So most people just put it aside and only the most commited started using it properly. And it only became interesting to some after being able to use AR codes with it.

Then it was Nitro hax, basically a free copy of action replay if you had a 'backup' device. But still required original games so minimum damage as well.

And last we have R4/M3 simply, with the capability of playing free downloaded roms and even cheating with them now. Atm, it's risk factor isn't that high. But as soon as the word spreads around... give it a few months, then wifi will be atleast 30% nonexistent. People that don't cheat, will stop playing and in the end. There will be more and more cheaters.

I took the evolution cycle from the more popular devices/homebrew I could think of.

iJeff

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, it first started with real hackers. Minimum amount and it only did wide damage whenever they decided to share it.

Then came Action replay, doing small damage as well, as you were still required to own an original copy of the game to actually do some hacking.

Then it was dipstar, doing the least damage as it was somewhat more complicated to get it work. So most people just put it aside and only the most commited started using it properly. And it only became interesting to some after being able to use AR codes with it.

Then it was Nitro hax, basically a free copy of action replay if you had a 'backup' device. But still required original games so minimum damage as well.

And last we have R4/M3 simply, with the capability of playing free downloaded roms and even cheating with them now. Atm, it's risk factor isn't that high. But as soon as the word spreads around... give it a few months, then wifi will be atleast 30% nonexistent. People that don't cheat, will stop playing and in the end. There will be more and more cheaters.

I took the evolution cycle from the more popular devices/homebrew I could think of.

I still believe that the Action Replay does more damage than the Flash Cart owners, with the amount of flash cart owners minimal compared to AR owners. Considering the fact that the AR is available off the shelf just about everywhere, with 12yr old kids owning them.

ImperialX

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think the "Press (button) for (item)" codes work for Mario Kart DS (Personally tested it out myself). As far as I know, only the Shyguy code works but I'm not too sure about the course codes though.

You have to let go off every button (like a A Button) and press the button for the item. E.g. When you have to press L for bullet bill, you must let go off everything and press L on its own. That's the way it works. And yes, it does work over WiFi.
lecture.gif

immo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would be surprised at how many people own flashcarts, however the only thing most of them don't know about is the 1.08 firmware update. As long as this doesn't spread around TOO much, then wifi would be saved. Most of the people I know who have R4's and M3's don't update their firmware at all.

kirra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

You have to let go off every button (like a A Button) and press the button for the item. E.g. When you have to press L for bullet bill, you must let go off everything and press L on its own. That's the way it works. And yes, it does work over WiFi.
lecture.gif

I tested it again and it still doesn't work. In fact, I pressed X at the start of the race for triple red shells and nothing happens. For me, it only seems to work offline though.

ImperialX

Trophies
XP
Country
Read previous posts...Mario Kart Codes ONLY work offline. There are WiFi codes, but I don't think it's even possible to add additional codes to a game with codes built in, like Mario Kart. Anyone?

bobrules

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have the online wifi infinite bullet bill usrcheat.dat. If anyone want it, PM me. It's easy just make a empty cheat.dat file. Then just use the usrcheat.dat

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I see. Did you use a custom code for the bullet bill or was it the one that came in with the usrcheat.dat file? And yes, I'm aware that the ones preloaded in the usrcheat ones don't work on wifi (That's what I'm trying to say but the guy above said he got some to work). Actually, Mario Kart DS didn't come preloaded with the update for some reason. It only came with the cheat editor.

Zaago

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Somebody has had some problem whith this firmware (1.08 Final)?. Because I was using firmware 1.06 and all work exelent but since I upgrade to 1.08 Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2007 freeze a lot in the black screens before "Start Duel" apeare at the begining of a duel.

I have a japanese Kingston 1GB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Happy birthday!