Awesome work. I got a question about a game. Resident Evi Revelations 1 & 2 stopped working for me. When I check the tickets on DBI, it says "personalized". The games just don´t open, immediate error shows up. I have asked on noob paradise, made a thread and until now, nothing. Could you help me? I have no idea what "personalized" means. Thank you once again for your work!
Awesome work. I got a question about a game. Resident Evi Revelations 1 & 2 stopped working for me. When I check the tickets on DBI, it says "personalized". The games just don´t open, immediate error shows up. I have asked on noob paradise, made a thread and until now, nothing. Could you help me? I have no idea what "personalized" means. Thank you once again for your work!
// try to fix a temp ticket and change it t a permanent one
//ECDSA SHA256
if (tikBuf.get()[0x0] == 0x5 && tikBuf.get()[0x1C6] == 0x10)
{
tikBuf.get()[0x1C6] = 0x0;
}
//RSA_2048 SHA256
else if (tikBuf.get()[0x0] == 0x4 && tikBuf.get()[0x286] == 0x10)
{
tikBuf.get()[0x286] = 0x0;
}
//RSA_4096 SHA256
else if (tikBuf.get()[0x0] == 0x3 && tikBuf.get()[0x386] == 0x10)
{
tikBuf.get()[0x386] = 0x0;
}
//ECDSA SHA1
else if (tikBuf.get()[0x0] == 0x2 && tikBuf.get()[0x1C6] == 0x10)
{
tikBuf.get()[0x1C6] = 0x0;
}
//RSA_2048 SHA1
else if (tikBuf.get()[0x0] == 0x1 && tikBuf.get()[0x286] == 0x10)
{
tikBuf.get()[0x286] = 0x0;
}
//RSA_4096 SHA1
else if (tikBuf.get()[0x0] == 0x0 && tikBuf.get()[0x386] == 0x10)
{
tikBuf.get()[0x386] = 0x0;
}
//
It patches that bitfield addess to be 0x0 (perm) if it finds 0x10 (temp) which seems to work fine for me, all the nsp files I tried have this Sig Method = RSA_2048 SHA256, do you know of what specific NSP files differ so I can check the extra code to fix these if I put the wrong address?, I can't seem to find other NSP files to check with though which have the different type sigs.
For those that want to test tinwoo with the above mods, this should hopefully fix your temp tickets to make them permanent when you install, then you can dump the installed nsp with whatever app you use to dump with and your new dump should be fixed.
// try to fix a temp ticket and change it t a permanent one
//ECDSA SHA256
if (tikBuf.get()[0x0] == 0x5 && tikBuf.get()[0x1C6] == 0x10)
{
tikBuf.get()[0x1C6] = 0x0;
}
//RSA_2048 SHA256
else if (tikBuf.get()[0x0] == 0x4 && tikBuf.get()[0x286] == 0x10)
{
tikBuf.get()[0x286] = 0x0;
}
//RSA_4096 SHA256
else if (tikBuf.get()[0x0] == 0x3 && tikBuf.get()[0x386] == 0x10)
{
tikBuf.get()[0x386] = 0x0;
}
//ECDSA SHA1
else if (tikBuf.get()[0x0] == 0x2 && tikBuf.get()[0x1C6] == 0x10)
{
tikBuf.get()[0x1C6] = 0x0;
}
//RSA_2048 SHA1
else if (tikBuf.get()[0x0] == 0x1 && tikBuf.get()[0x286] == 0x10)
{
tikBuf.get()[0x286] = 0x0;
}
//RSA_4096 SHA1
else if (tikBuf.get()[0x0] == 0x0 && tikBuf.get()[0x386] == 0x10)
{
tikBuf.get()[0x386] = 0x0;
}
//
It patches that bitfield addess to be 0x0 (perm) if it finds 0x10 (temp) which seems to work fine for me, all the nsp files I tried have this Sig Method = RSA_2048 SHA256, do you know of what specific NSP files differ so I can check the extra code to fix these if I put the wrong address?, I can't seem to find other NSP files to check with though which have the different type sigs.
For those that want to test tinwoo with the above mods, this should hopefully fix your temp tickets to make them permanent when you install, then you can dump the installed nsp with whatever app you use to dump with and your new dump should be fixed.
This installer fixes the ticket issue with Rainbow Skies,at least!
Just deleted my old copy,reinstalled with your installer,started the game:it worked.
Quit the game,rebooted the system:it still works+the ticket is still there/has become permanent.
Great work and thank you!
This installer fixes the ticket issue with Rainbow Skies,at least!
Just deleted my old copy,reinstalled with your installer,started the game:it worked.
Quit the game,rebooted the system:it still works+the ticket is still there/has become permanent.
Great work and thank you!
No worries, I just reuploaded the installer to also fix the bad dumps ticket masterkey back to 0x10, so if you use that to reinstall your game the masterkey should also be fixed.
Also added an option to the settings page to convert the temp tickets during install if you want to do this.
This installer fixes the ticket issue with Rainbow Skies,at least!
Just deleted my old copy,reinstalled with your installer,started the game:it worked.
Quit the game,rebooted the system:it still works+the ticket is still there/has become permanent.
Great work and thank you!
I thought these tickets were from people dumping games from a shared Switch account and not the primary account? As in, when the primary buys a game and the other a local Switch users on that device can play the game.
I must be missing something, the page I found shows the ticket size to be 0x2C0, and the offset for the license to be at 0x144. I find that wiki to be confusing with the addresses as I am using windows and the endianness on that page is for linux if I am honest and it doesn't tell you all the different license types on it.
All the tickets I checked have the license type in the same place, for the game nsp files. I'll do some more checking though. Thanks for your help though.
not speculation, mate. take 5 seconds and check for yourself.
download NSPs wherever online, and then check the tickets. _a lot_ of NSPs for some reason have the master key revision byte at the license type offset instead.
as said, this never mattered in the past because master key revision in the ticket doesnt actually do anything, and all the previous license types didn't affect functionality. until now where we're getting into the temporary ticket license types which do affect functionality.
you know, I would have expected you of all people to understand this. you're normally a lot more knowledgeable about how switch stuff works.
Here is one example from 2020 (rune factory 4 special dlc), I'm sure you can find more on your own
not speculation, mate. take 5 seconds and check for yourself.
download NSPs wherever online, and then check the tickets. _a lot_ of NSPs for some reason have the master key revision byte at the license type offset instead.
as said, this never mattered in the past because master key revision in the ticket doesnt actually do anything, and all the previous license types didn't affect functionality. until now where we're getting into the temporary ticket license types which do affect functionality.
you know, I would have expected you of all people to understand this. you're normally a lot more knowledgeable about how switch stuff works.
It doesn't matter, it's fixed in tinwoo and dbi now (I'm not sure about others) so when you install with a temp ticket it converts it automatically into a permanent ticket.
It doesn't matter, it's fixed in tinwoo and dbi now (I'm not sure about others) so when you install with a temp ticket it converts it automatically into a permanent ticket.
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
The 2007 Nintendo Wii classic Super Mario Galaxy has reportedly been 100% decompiled by the SMGCommunity under the project codename Petari, and now a standalone PC...
It's that time again. Prepare your Switch updates! Or prepare to forgive your sister's nephew's dog for updating your Switch a few weeks ago. Atmosphere v1.12.0 has...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...