Gaming QR Code Generation

BoozyBoozington

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I remember when the QR codes were announced that there was speculation on using them for giveaways. I'm wondering if anybody has figured out how to make a QR code that gives a Pokémon to somebody similar to the Magearna QR code.

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a mod for SuMo that allows importing Pokemon to box 1 slot 1 via QR codes (such as those generated by PKHex) but it requires Luma (or, on N3DS only, HANS.) A way to do codes like that unmodded hasn't been found yet (or if it has, it hasn't been publicized.)

The same mod also allows infinite QR scans, scanning the same code multiple times, and optionally no outlines.

https://github.com/SciresM/SMPatcher/releases

Reactions: AyanamiRei

BoozyBoozington

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. Hmm. I am running AHL9 (or whatever it's called), was running Luma but can't seem to install it after having to restore my system after being banned.

I would think though that if Magearna is being given by QR there would be a way to do the same for other Pokémon. Of course, I suppose that just means the people doing all this just haven't found out how yet.

I'm wondering if after the Magearna event if they'll be able to figure out how it works so we can use it to our advantage.

Appreciate the info btw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended