[Q] Why DON'T people pirate?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by KingOfThePirates, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingOfThePirates
    OP

KingOfThePirates Newbie

Banned
    Jan 17, 2015
    Seriously, give me your honest opinion on why you don't pirate 3DS games (that's if YOU DONT PIRATE THEM).

I personally think that buying retail games is a dumb route to take - think about it. Pirating is literally putting money into your pockets.
    1. Incredibly easy to do. take sky3ds for example. literally just drag and drop your BACKUPS
    2. By using .cias we have access to online capabilities. same stuff the legit people do.
    3. gateway3ds's allow us to use emuNAND, which is basically having 2 seperate OS in our 3ds. pretty cool stuff.
    4. game devs don't really care. besides ubisoft of course. but those guys just suck in general lol.
    5. You basically get free games from the developers. this is so much money saved.
    6. many other neat features like file saving, modding, hacking, etc.
    7. Let's use myself as an example. i have like 54 games that i picked up after they fell off a truck. when 3ds games come out, they are 39.99 aka 40$. 40 x 54 is 2160. that means i just saved $2160.
    Honestly, what would you do if you accidently dropped your game, lost it, or it broke? bye bye money and game.
    It seems that most people are supporting Smealum's ideal of non-piracy - pathetic. Does anyone have any idea how much time and money you could save? Stupid. Homebrew is a great thing to have, and piracy - swag, that's the true ninja way.

2. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada
    10/10 would read again!

[​IMG]

3. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    So you had to make an account just for this? Good ol' temp.

filfat likes this.
  4. Catastrophic

Catastrophic Perfectly Normal

Apr 28, 2012
    Somewhere

JImJam707 and filfat like this.
  5. Category

Category Trainee Romhacker

Jan 29, 2008
    Bournemouth
    Pfft, samefriend with a new account. Lol'd though

6. elmoemo

elmoemo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 4, 2012
    Some people have morals, some want to support the Devs so we get more games/better games and not kill the industry

7. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    What is morals?

Really though, for some it's easier, more convenient. Especially on something like Steam , where there's big buy buttons, sales, no complicated procedures, fast download speeds, and access to everything in one place. If you wanted to pirate you'd first need to figure out how to do so, then locate a download link, have to deal with possibly shitty downloads, locate and/or install a crack.

8. filfat

filfat Musician, Developer & Entrepreneur

Nov 24, 2012
    "Let's use myself as an example. i have like 54 games that i picked up after they fell off a truck. when 3ds games come out, they are 39.99 aka 40$. 40 x 54 is 2160. that means i just saved $2160." No you didn't "save" 2160$ you took products worth 2160$.

Pluupy and Gruntzer like this.
  9. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Why don't I pirate 3ds games?

Because the 3ds has no games worth pirating.

gamefan5 and Bug_Checker_ like this.
  10. filfat

Nov 24, 2012
    Hahhaha didnt not expect you yo say that. gr8 m8 r8 8/8!*

*First time i ever did that and last time.

Bug_Checker_ likes this.
  11. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Hello EoF!
    Long time no see~

lampdemon and Bug_Checker_ like this.
  12. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    lampdemon and Gruntzer like this.
  13. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen

Because it is only logical to support the people that created a game you like, in doing so you will encourage the to make more games you like.

1. If it is easy it is no fun.
    2. Yes, you can try that, but if you don't put money afterwards into the circuit you are making the industry die or transform into something you will not like.
    3. That is pretty cool, a reason to use Gateway. The best part, you can still buy the games anyway.
    4. Pfff... Any worker wants to buy things, pay rents, get new cars, eat, travel, etc.
    5. BS, don't lose time in the games, go work and make some money, even more money "saved".
    6. That is pretty cool actually.
    7. BS.

elmoemo likes this.
  14. Apex

Apex GBAtemp Fan

Sep 4, 2006
    茨城県
    Flashcarts are contraband here. I don't wanna risk getting in trouble ordering one.

Besides, I have a full-time job with money to spare. I like Nintendo, so when they release quality games I want to play, might as well throw them a little bit of cash. When I was in college, I needed every penny I had, so I pirated every game I played for the most part. Mario isn't more important than a good education. I say, if you have better things to spend your money on, pirate. If you don't have better things to spend your money on, pay for it.

15. KingOfThePirates
    OP

KingOfThePirates Newbie

Banned
    Jan 17, 2015
    how was I able to afford this $3000 laptop then hm? by using the money i saved via pirating of course.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

djalmafreestyler and Ra1d like this.
  16. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada

Jelly :O

17. Foxchild

Foxchild Goomba Overlord

Apr 13, 2013
    United States
    You should have stolen the laptop. Then you would have had over $5000 to spend on something else. Heck, go steal a few cars and you'll have enough to buy a house.

kirekun, SMVB64, SuzieJoeBob and 8 others like this.
  18. filfat

Nov 24, 2012
    pfft, thats a lie you are Asian... you built it in you basement...

19. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada

Well most people would probably do that, if you could "steal" it in a way that you would have a car and the previous owner wouldn't lose his car either, since piracy is not stealing.

tbb043 likes this.
  20. KingOfThePirates
    OP

KingOfThePirates Newbie

Banned
    Jan 17, 2015
    hell man, if i could download a laptop i would. if i could 3d print a functional car i would. finders keepers losers weepers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.