Hacking (Q): Adrenaline Bubble Manager q?

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hi all,
I recently installed the new version of adrenaline bubble manager (v5.07),
& was wondering if I install (PSP/PSX/EMU"S) to live area,

do these "bubbles" take up extra space on my SD2Vita or are they just shortcuts to the game that is in adrenaline?

thanx

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
They're just shortcuts, so they take up barely any space (depending on how many images the bubble associates; icon, background, etc).

nice, thanx for the tip, duwen!
I tested the manager out using some of my pst games (Ys I - VII) and all my psp emulators, they all worked fine,
and don't take-up extra space, only a few bites.
useful & cool shortcuts to PSP/PSX/PSP emu's :)

Technically they do, but it's negligible.

Yep.

indeed, all my games worked great, The ones I tested out,
Ys I & II psp however, boots into the game minuend when I select Ys I, it goes to loading,
but then boots into the adrenaline psp menu instead?
why does this happen & is there a fix for it?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You might have to choose a different ISO driver, I don't know which one you should choose but I think the Sony NPsomething is the one I've heard recommended most often.
Probably Inferno - it is NP9660 that fails (when using forwarders) on multi-executable games, iirc

Reactions: SCOTT0852

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You might have to choose a different ISO driver, I don't know which one you should choose but I think the Sony NPsomething is the one I've heard recommended most often.

the sonyNP driver usually fails, the inferno one is the best to use for psp games (it is compatable with all games),
whereas the sonyNP one has comPat issues.

Probably Inferno - it is NP9660 that fails (when using forwarders) on multi-executable games, iirc

in adrenaline mode, all games work perfectly using the inferno driver 100%,
at least all the ones I use that is.

since I'm making forwarder Bubbles of PSP/PSX games (shortcuts),
& each game is in it's own bubble, the settings for it are unique for that bubble (game) only,
so if I change the driver setting for the Game "Ys I & II" to sonyNP,
it'll make the driver change for THAT game only?

also, to answer my issue with YS I/II PSP not loading from fowarder:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/midway-arcade-treasures-extended-play-adrenaline-bubbles-manager.515642/

I think this might solve my issue for this certain game?

the game in adrenlenine mode when booted works and load up fine using the inferno driver,
but does not when booting it up from forwarder mode.

I'll try and load all my psp games in forwarder mode to see if they all load up fine,
YS III (oath in felgana) loads up fine in this mode (inferno driver).

I'll test all my psp & psx games in forwarder mode and build a comparably list.

thanx for the tips & helps, guys :)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it'll make the driver change for THAT game only?
Yes, the settings in the forwarder maker are exclusive to that bubble

And yes, compatibility is different - multi-executable games (like Crazy Taxi on NP9660, in my experience) may screw up while loading another, for whatever reason...

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yes, the settings in the forwarder maker are exclusive to that bubble

And yes, compatibility is different - multi-executable games (like Crazy Taxi on NP9660, in my experience) may screw up while loading another, for whatever reason...

cool! I tested this out, and it works great,
I got Ys I & II to run fine through ABM bubble just fine using the SonyNP9660 driver
as the inferno one had problems.

what is strange to me is that in the PSP sandbox mode (adrenaline) all games (PSP/PSX) run perfectly fine 100% with the inferno driver,
but when made into ABM bubbles, some of them have comparably/loading issues,
I wonder why is is the case?

here's my PSP games compete list for ABM bubbles I made to make sure all of them work fine in ABM mode (shortcut).

PSP_ABM_Foward_bubble_compatible_games_list.jpg

out of the 15 games, like 4 work fine, while most of them get stuck on a black screen altering booting into the ABM bubble fowarder?
for these games should I use the NP9660 driver instead of inferno?
and if I use the NP9660 driver for bubble mode, does this conflict or mess up my games from working in the regular adrenaline mode?

I still have to test my pSX games out to see how they work also.

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
um I tested out some pst games and they also gave a black screen on start up of ABM bubble,
any fix for these black screen PSP & PSX games?

edit (23/2): I'm not sure why, but the PSX games and all my adrelenine emu's boot up fine now for some weird reason?

as before they had black screens, now they work,
maybe cause I updated auto plugin to v3.75?

the PSP games (except the YS ones) still are stuck & can't get past the "Black screen".

also, since adrenaline was recently updated to v6.8 (To work with H-core 2.0),
I saw that ABM v.5.18 stops working with it and all it's bubbles won't boot anymore

I have not updated my adrenaline to v6.8 for this reason, so my bubbles can work,

also can ABM make it's current bubbles work even if adreleine is updated to a huger version than ABM?

Last edited by 2DSGamerdude, , Reason: new info and help needed

CrvyloOo

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I know this thread is very old. But do we know quantifiably how much space each bubble takes up? Does the size depend on the PSP/PS1 game that it is forwarding?
I ask because I had about 150mb open on my Vita, but the bubble manager kept erroring out after making about 60 PSP bubbles. It turned out my storage was full so everything was fucking up. I have about 300 PSP games and 200 PS1 games I wanted to make into bubbles, how much free space should I have on my Vita for this?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this thread is very old. But do we know quantifiably how much space each bubble takes up? Does the size depend on the PSP/PS1 game that it is forwarding?
I ask because I had about 150mb open on my Vita, but the bubble manager kept erroring out after making about 60 PSP bubbles. It turned out my storage was full so everything was fucking up. I have about 300 PSP games and 200 PS1 games I wanted to make into bubbles, how much free space should I have on my Vita for this?
I can't speak of the bubble manager, but there was something similar that predates adrenaline. However, it was essentially the same thing. It was called bubble blower. I don't recall the bubbles being very big, and remember this is before sd2vita as well.

CrvyloOo

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble finding bubble blower online. Does it have similar compatibility to ABM? Since I have so many PSP and PS1 games, it is a huge pain to reorder them all in the Adrenaline PSP environment, so I thought making them all into bubbles and reordering all of them into bubble folders would be much easier and quicker. I just don't want to lose out on compatibility, because as far as I know right now all of the files I have are compatible and playable through Adrenaline. I am absolutely fine using ABM, I just would like to know how much space to clear out before converting all my bubbles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo