Homebrew Python27 interpreter and shell

JerwuQu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Python3 should be working, but it needs additional patches, and since recompiling after an error takes ~20-40minutes, I got bored of it. I'll do it eventually :P
I was just thinking that having multiple Pythons interpreters would split the community and using the latest one would be better for the future :>

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I was just thinking that having multiple Pythons interpreters would split the community and using the latest one would be better for the future :>

Nah... Since init.py is compiled into the 3dsx, there would be no problem with version differences :P The best I could do, is to install the Python interpreter as a separate app, and I would write a wrapper that calls the interpreter, this way you don't need to waste 10megs for every Python application :P

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Python3 should be working, but it needs additional patches, and since recompiling after an error takes ~20-40minutes, I got bored of it. I'll do it eventually :P

Mind if I ask how you're compiling this that takes ~20-40 minutes? A compile of Python 3.5 on an Intel Atom C2750 based machine takes ~5 minutes for me... I'd imagine on a chip that's not intended for super low power usage, it should be even faster...

Last edited by ksanislo,

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Mind if I ask how you're compiling this that takes ~20-40 minutes? A compile of Python 3.5 on an Intel Atom C2750 based machine takes ~5 minutes for me... I'd imagine on a chip that's not intended for super low power usage, it should be even faster...

Intel Celeron on win8 (not 8.1) takes ~20-40mins... On Linux-x86_64 it takes ~15-25mins to build.

Reactions: Wolfvak

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u wot? How could I build on multiple cores? It's nearly killing the lappy already at almost 100% CPU usage :cry:
If you're using make, just add -j<threadcount> ... General rule of thumb is that you should use ~2x the number of cores for good IO utilization.

Last edited by ksanislo,

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
YAY! I got networking working :D

618706a164.jpg

I'll upload the 3dsx and cia in a few minutes ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended