ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Guy Perfect has started a Patreon fundraising campaign to work full-time on the PVB Emulator project, which aims to create a Virtual Boy emulator for 3DS, alongside other cool things. Virtual Boy on the go, in its full stereoscopic 3D glory, available to millions of players.

If you too think this sounds awesome, head over to the announcement forum thread for all the juicy details.

vb3ds.png

:arrow:Source

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Guy Perfect has started a Patreon fundraising campaign to work full-time on the PVB Emulator project, which aims to create a Virtual Boy emulator for 3DS, alongside other cool things. Virtual Boy on the go, in its full stereoscopic 3D glory, available to millions of players.

If you too think this sounds awesome, head over to the announcement forum thread for all the juicy details.

vb3ds.png

How is this thread any useful exactly? If you are basically only made it to tell people to fund X person, I really think it needs permission from the mods, even if it's not you getting the money. It is advertisement of sorts... This isn't news though, so really, no point in this or formatting the post as if it was news.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How is this thread any useful exactly? If you are basically only made it to tell people to fund X person, I really think it needs permission from the mods, even if it's not you getting the money. It is advertisement of sorts... This isn't news though, so really, no point in this or formatting the post as if it was news.
Not news?
The development on this emulator started this year; last month actually, and Guy Perfect has been posting update posts each week in the thread about updates of what he has done so far.
I made it to raise awareness about this emulator, because it is the only/best choice we might have to get a proper Virtual Boy with stereo 3D output on the 3DS at the moment.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Not news?
The development on this emulator started this year; last month actually, and Guy Perfect has been posting update posts each week in the thread about updates of what he has done so far.
I made it to raise awareness about this emulator, because it is the only/best choice we might have to get a proper Virtual Boy with stereo 3D output on the 3DS at the moment.
No, you made it to raise awareness of it's PATREON, not the emulator itself. It already has it's own thread, that's plenty. Don't clog the section with even more pointless threads. Also, pretty sure this counts as advertisement, even if not for you, so against the rules and requires the permission from a mod.

Namesnipe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're gonna have to donate to him, so he can develop a Virtual Boy emulator, instead of it being a passion project and just a way to make profit for himself? Yeah, I'll pass.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ah, nvm, he's using the money to pay bills. Seems fine to me.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'd love to see this guy do a twitch stream on the current development. That should also add funds to the project.
It would be interesting to see the process of developing than the actual end product for me.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is great! Virtualboy on 3DS is a match made it heaven. I doubt Nintendo will bring out another Handheld/Console with 3D so this really is a much needed Emulator imo :)
Also I don't see this as advertising, just spreading the good word :) and even if it is, this is no different from the Cemu thread? and that thread is fine..

TiredKorok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

vb3ds.png

Didn't know about the project until I saw this, thanks for sharing! However, doesn't it belong in the homebrew section? I personally wouldn't have seen it if someone didn't show me it. And it isn't really a rom hacking project, translation or tool.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Didn't know about the project until I saw this, thanks for sharing! However, doesn't it belong in the homebrew section? I personally wouldn't have seen it if someone didn't show me it. And it isn't really a rom hacking project, translation or tool.
You're right, perhaps this would be better in the homebrew section.
I'll see if I can get this moved around :)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
And thread moved :P
Thanks to the mod who took care of it!

With that said, Guy seems to be posting updates on the developments quite often, so I suggest to whoever is interested to keep an eye on the thread posted on the OP to keep an eye on his work :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sodiumchickentirade