Puyo Pop Fever

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Njrg, Aug 23, 2009.

Aug 23, 2009

Puyo Pop Fever by Njrg at 8:23 AM (824 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Njrg
    OP

Banned Njrg Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~

United States
    I'm getting my assed kick by the AI in Puyo Pop.

How do you build your fever mode faster?

It seems to me even though I'm starting with half a bar, and the AI with 0, by the time the AI's filled up, I'm still at 70% and then I get bombarded with puyos.

Any advice?

2. HernanZh

Member HernanZh GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
  3. Njrg
    OP

United States
    Thank you for the helpful video, but it doesn't explain why the computer gets to fever way before I do even though I keep preventing it from chaining.

4. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    They keep offsetting your puyo. You're giving too much for them to work with!
    Focus on building big chains and setting them off before junk puyo fall on you. Your fever is longer the more you hit your opponent, and the more you offset the sooner you get to fever.

Not that you should rely on fever. The game is all about massive chains.

5. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    To clarify on that, the Fever bar increases by one "orb" every time you pop some puyos while there are nuisance puyos waiting to fall on you. The opponent is getting Fever much faster because you are popping puyos too fast and sending him small amounts of nuisance puyos for him to offset.

If you are trying to beat easy/normal computers, the easiest way would be to build a 5-chain quickly (which is easy to do when you know how) then wait for your opponent to start popping puyos, then set off your chain to counter his. That should counter all or almost all his nuisance puyos and increase your Fever gauge by 5 orbs.

But that's the easy way out. If you really want to enjoy this game you should learn to not rely on Fever and build large chains yourself.

6. Njrg
    OP

United States