ROM Hack Putting Save into Non-Hacked Switch

LittleTeaGarden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there! I'm unsure if I should move this to the ROM hacking/Save section, but I'd thought to post it here.

This question has been asked in different varieties, but none have answered my question.

I have a saved file from a game in my hacked switch and I'd like to inject that save to my friend's, who also has the game, switch. My friend's switch is not hacked and has no intention of hacking it. What is my best shot at helping them out and getting it done? Any ideas of how I can accomplish this by not hacking my friend's switch?

Thank you :)

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there! I'm unsure if I should move this to the ROM hacking/Save section, but I'd thought to post it here.

This question has been asked in different varieties, but none have answered my question.

I have a saved file from a game in my hacked switch and I'd like to inject that save to my friend's, who also has the game, switch. My friend's switch is not hacked and has no intention of hacking it. What is my best shot at helping them out and getting it done? Any ideas of how I can accomplish this by not hacking my friend's switch?

No

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

there's no way w/o "Hacking" their system, depending on the game you might be able to trade Some things via local multiplayer but trying to save edit/inject or Modify your friend's system when they have no plans or intentions to .. is kinda a Dick move.

LittleTeaGarden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
there's no way w/o "Hacking" their system, depending on the game you might be able to trade Some things via local multiplayer but trying to save edit/inject or Modify your friend's system when they have no plans or intentions to .. is kinda a Dick move.
Sorry, I didn't clarify it. They agreed to it just fine. Since they needed help beating a level and I can't be there in person with them to help them out. I was just trying to find an alternative, but they might possibly have to wait for now. Thank you though!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What a shame. Thank you for the reply :)

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I didn't clarify it. They agreed to it just fine. Since they needed help beating a level and I can't be there in person with them to help them out. I was just trying to find an alternative, but they might possibly have to wait for now. Thank you though!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What a shame. Thank you for the reply :)
before you even touch your friends system w/ any Exploit inform him that modifying a switch or "Hacking," as it is, its never a matter of IF it gets banned but When. it takes on slipup, one mistake, one wrong boot selection, one errant error report incorrect DNS setting if your using 90DNS, bad INI configuration otherwise w/ Atmosphere's own DNS Blocker, one way or another something Will happen and it'll oneday eventually get banned.

having a "hacked" switch isnt something you should deal w/ atleast if you care about online play and only have a single System. , If you inform your friend on that tell him all he'll need to know on endless cycle of chasing after CFW Updates, Sigpatches, and FW updates over just beating one level vs just toughing it out and keeping their system as-is Then go ahead and mod their switch. not to mention once it's banned, your down to physical only to stay legit or Piracy methods for all future Digital games and all game updates & DLC (physical and digital) , not to mention if your friend has a Patched unit/Mariko/Lite then you haveto solder a Modchip/find an installer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E