Gaming Purple Puzzle Pieces

x66x66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done tons of googling and research and it looks like a lot of people claim that the purple puzzle swap pieces are gotten through spotpass. My 3ds is always in sleep mode unless I'm playing it, and I've never gotten a spotpass puzzle piece. So I'm wondering if that's truly how you get them. I haven't even gotten any pieces from my hours and hours of mario kart 7 online play.

Also, I don't live in a very populated area so a streetpass is rare. Even at my college, I only get 1 streetpass if I'm lucky. Usually that streetpass is from this kid who somehow has every puzzle completed. So is my best bet just to take his purple puzzle pieces when I streetpass him? Because that seems to be the only way to get them. I have about 2000 people in my mii plaza (all but 10 are from online gaming) and the only purple pieces i've gotten were from streetpass.

So I guess my point is that if you truly get purple pieces through streetpass, then how?

Antoids

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's a little hard to find consistent information, because a lot of people seem to think Spotpass and Streetpass are the same thing. But you only get pink/purple puzzle pieces from people who lucked out initially. Personally I think everyone should have started with one, but I guess Nintendo is really trying to further their social console agenda.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lucky me, I get StreetPass'd left and right :tpi:

But yeah, StreetPassing someone with those pieces is the only way to get 'em.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Talk about propaganda.