Purple Puzzle Pieces

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by x66x66, Feb 14, 2012.

1. x66x66
    OP

x66x66 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 25, 2009
    United States
    I've done tons of googling and research and it looks like a lot of people claim that the purple puzzle swap pieces are gotten through spotpass. My 3ds is always in sleep mode unless I'm playing it, and I've never gotten a spotpass puzzle piece. So I'm wondering if that's truly how you get them. I haven't even gotten any pieces from my hours and hours of mario kart 7 online play.

Also, I don't live in a very populated area so a streetpass is rare. Even at my college, I only get 1 streetpass if I'm lucky. Usually that streetpass is from this kid who somehow has every puzzle completed. So is my best bet just to take his purple puzzle pieces when I streetpass him? Because that seems to be the only way to get them. I have about 2000 people in my mii plaza (all but 10 are from online gaming) and the only purple pieces i've gotten were from streetpass.

So I guess my point is that if you truly get purple pieces through streetpass, then how?

2. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    you get a purple pieces when you spotpass someone else who has them

online spotpassing doesnt count

i went out in london and in 2 days i had all the purple pieces

just go out and about

3. x66x66
    OP

x66x66 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 25, 2009
    United States
    What do you mean though? Spotpass is over wifi right? So how do you spotpass someone?

4. ScarletCrystals

ScarletCrystals Useless Bunny of Paradise

Apr 9, 2010
    Canada
    Bamboo Forest, Gensokyo
    The people who got their purple pieces got it through the first freebie. Thus, the only way to get all the purple pieces is by streetpassing.

1 person likes this.
  5. x66x66
    OP

x66x66 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 25, 2009
    United States
    Alright. That makes sense. Thanks!

6. Antoids

Antoids Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Yeah, it's a little hard to find consistent information, because a lot of people seem to think Spotpass and Streetpass are the same thing. But you only get pink/purple puzzle pieces from people who lucked out initially. Personally I think everyone should have started with one, but I guess Nintendo is really trying to further their social console agenda.

7. R2DJ

R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 30, 2008
    London
    When and how was the "first freebie" distributed anyway? I was clearly living under a rock.

8. frogboy

frogboy lacking both style and grace

Dec 6, 2011
    United States
    Lucky me, I get StreetPass'd left and right :tpi:

But yeah, StreetPassing someone with those pieces is the only way to get 'em.

9. kirbymaster101

kirbymaster101 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 21, 2008
    Canada
    Dont worry too much for. so many people have the pink pieces.