Hacking Purchasing the Cyclo DS

Loren

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, yesterday I was finally convinced. I purchased the Cyclo DS Evolution with EZ 3 in 1 Expansion and a bonus 2 GB Micro SD (OEM) for about $71.50 and overnight shipping. Since this is my first time buying I figured this was top of the line stuff. Tell me what you guys think and I might need help with managing it or whatever but I have a feeling I can do it.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well the cyclo is considered one of the best flashcarts so i think you made a good decision
theres only a few things you need to do/know:
1. get the firmware. the newest one is 1.51 i believe and is available off the cyclods website or the downloads section here on GBAtemp
2. get the games you want (DS and gba. youll have to find yourself)
3. get skins if you want from ndsthemes.com
4. download any homebrew you want
go to the NDS homebrew section for more info on which ones are good
5. im assuming youre planning to play gba games and awhile back the cyclo had like 3in1 support built in but now it doesnt so you have to download something called the GBAexploader or something

theres a few features of the cyclo you might want to know about:
ingame menu. press L+R+a+b+y+x to pull up a menu during the game
you can enable/disable cheats here, read a ingame text file (for walkthroughs), enable slowmotion, and save using the real time save feature. the real time save (if you dont know) is so that you can save anytime during a game (like a save slot)

i think thats about it
well, goodluck!

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you update the firmware before anything else.

Read the instructions manual for info on how to use the fancy features such as Real Time Save.

And an important note, the EZ Flash you bought probably is a newer model (EZ Flash +), which is currently incompatible with the CycloDS, so you'll have to wait for Team Cyclops to update their firmware before playing your GBA games.

xxRAG3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, to realtime save hold select when starting a game and the option will be shown in the enhanced menu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night