Punch Out! loading problem.....it never loads

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Darkcloak, Sep 16, 2011.

Sep 16, 2011
  1. Darkcloak
    OP

Newcomer Darkcloak Advanced Member

United States
    I burned Punch Out! onto my DVD-R, at 4x's speed which is the disc's limit. I'm running d2x beta R9, I bealive it's the latest version, and I used neogamma to load my games. I load Punch Out! it moves past neogamma's screens and past the wiimote safety screen then there's just a black screen with a loading sign in the bottom right corner. Thats as far as I ever get, I've waited around 10 minutes and still nothing. I'm not sure if there's something wrong with the dvd (it's clean), the ISO or the .rar files. I tried searching the forums to see if Punch Out is just a problematic game but I didn't find anything.

I actually remembered the Wii froze as it didn't respond to the reset button. Resident Evil Umbrela Chronicles has the same problem except after neogamma loads it the Wii just freezes at a black screen.

2. Darkcloak
    OP

Newcomer Darkcloak Advanced Member

United States
    I guess I'm the only one who's experienced this problem?

3. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    Basically.

Disc loading has been deprecated for years now.

If you still want to load from a disc, make sure you have the right cIOS files, and verify your dump.

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    If you have an asian system menu, you need the Patch Country Strings option for Punch Out. Other than that, there shouldn't be any problems. Which base IOS did you use for your cIOS? Try 56 1st, then 38(only good for old games).