Gaming Pulling my hair out!! DNL releases

Sleepwaking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can't burn DNL Releases. They are 001 files which I extract with winrar, 7-zip and I even tried HJ-split but nothing seems to work.

When I extract it with winrar I get a DVD-file and the Image.000, everything seems al right here, but after I burn it and I've tried several programs (imgburn, Clonecd 5) it doesn't get recognized in the 360, sometime just saying it's an unreadable disc and sometimes giving me this error that I should clean the disc and look at the xbox site.

If I tried it with 7 zip it wil just stop extracting after the first 4 pro cent, and then it doesn't do anything.

Hj-split puts the files together, but then it isn't an iso (because probably this program isn't used to split them anyway).

This happens with all the DNL releases (all are in 001 files)

If searched for the solution all night, but only things I can find are the things I already used and tried, maybe someone can help me here?

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
WinRAR opens them everytime. If you cant use winRAR to open the first file and extract then u are doing something wrong.

Sleepwaking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Like I said I can unrar them, I'll end up with an image.000 (no name, it just says image) and a dvd-file, but when I Burn them they do not work, I have no problem with other releases, actually never ever has a disk not worked outside the DNL releases.

Sleepwaking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So nobody has an idea what is wrong/ what I am doing wrong? Hmm I hope DNL doesn't release some high profile games
frown.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Must be bad media, bad burning (too fast?), or bad luck...
But anyway if your burning application CAN burn the file to a DVD, then you've done it right.
Maybe with the wrong settings or media though.
Verbatim DVD+R DL are strongly recommended.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I was also thinking about a possible stealth patching problem (newer drive firmwares won't allow non stealth patched games) but I checked some of the releases you mentionned and I think they come pre-patched.
Could be wrong though...

Sleepwaking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I use verbatim lol, I really hate it that only I've seem to have problems. CloneCD is also totally compatible with my dvd-drive and my dvd-drive has all the specs you can think off. I also burn it at 2-2.4 burning speeds. I really don't see anything I've done wrong. That's actually the most annoying.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Then it's gotta be something wrong with your 360.
Do you know anyone else with a modded 360? If you do, let him try your games...
also there's one thing that happened to a friend of mine, with a modded 360:
his 360 was severely scratching discs, all discs (even original).. it wasn't very visible but when we looked carefully at the discs they were in a very bad shape.
I lent him some of my 360 games and his 360 scratched them
mad.gif

So yeah it could be your console after all.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Thats why I asked if he's old games were working. My launch 360 died not long after playing Orange Box, StrangleHold, Conan, Jericho etc.
Theres no explaination other than that your 360 is on it's way out.
Try a retail game or an older burn of an older game see if it works.
Also when you put the disc in, does it take ages before you get DRE etc?

Sleepwaking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got no problem playing any games other than the dnl releases, i'm playing dmc4 right now. I think i has something to do with the fact dnl releaes there files in 001 files and not r01 files.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
why would it be a problem for you and no one else?
I've got 2 of the 3 releases you're mentionning and they play just fine.

also that:
QUOTE said:
I was also thinking about a possible stealth patching problem (newer drive firmwares won't allow non stealth patched games) but I checked some of the releases you mentionned and I think they come pre-patched.
Could be wrong though...

Are you using the iXtreme firmware?

edit: as I said anyway, the burning application would not be able to burn the ISO if they had an incorrect format. They can't burn random data, they have to follow a specific file structure describing the files contained in the ISO, etc.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've got no problem playing any games other than the dnl releases, i'm playing dmc4 right now. I think i has something to do with the fact dnl releaes there files in 001 files and not r01 files.

No, that's not a prob. You said yourself you got it to extract out to the image and dvd file.

Did you try checking the image in mulletter?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try using XBOX Backup Creator. I also have a DNL release (Orange Box) and I've had no problems in burning it (2,4x on a Verbatim DL MKM-001)
smile.gif

Listing probable problems here:
1) You've got a burner that doesn't set automatically the bitsetting to DVD-ROM.
2) You're using bad quality supports.
3) You've got a bad iso, try checking it with something, if you got an MD5, PAR or other file.

Sleepwaking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ixtreme 1.4 FW

Normal iso are different then these one. when I extract a rar normally there would be a dvd-file and iso for example the dvd file of dmc and the file agn-dmc4.iso. When I extract a DNL release I get a dvd-file and a file called IMAGE.000, I'm pretty sure this is the problems. But why it is a problem I don't know, Clonecd 5+ should support these and it does, I can burn it, but it just won't play in the 360. It isn't a really big problem now (although very irritating) but what if DNL releases Alan Wake or Gears 2?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ixtreme 1.4 FW

Normal iso are different then these one. when I extract a rar normally there would be a dvd-file and iso for example the dvd file of dmc and the file agn-dmc4.iso. When I extract a DNL release I get a dvd-file and a file called IMAGE.000, I'm pretty sure this is the problems. But why it is a problem I don't know, Clonecd 5+ should support these and it does, I can burn it, but it just won't play in the 360. It isn't a really big problem now (although very irritating) but what if DNL releases Alan Wake or Gears 2?
Remember to burn the DVD file. If you burn the 000 file it won't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password