PSZ, M&M, LOZ questions

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by DarkCrudus, Dec 4, 2009.

Dec 4, 2009

PSZ, M&M, LOZ questions by DarkCrudus at 4:15 PM (1,203 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. DarkCrudus
    OP

Member DarkCrudus The Ghost

United States
    would anyone give me a tut on to how to get rid of xpa's title screen on their patches. Is there a way to take it off the rom after its been patched, i find them kinda annoying..

2. shineek

Member shineek GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    hm dunno , it dosent add any files to the rom so its probably in some file , maybe even in arm9.bin because it was the only file that was changed with the Phantasy Star Zero patch .
    maybe someone here knows a way to edit a arm9.bin , i rather dont want to touch them .

3. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    It's in the Arm9.bin file.

For PS0, KazoWAR turned the patch into an AR code:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

I have asked KazoWAR to convert the patch to AR code again, since the AR codes don't put the stupid Xenophobia logo screen on the game. Please DON'T flood his inbox asking him to convert it... if he has the time and wants to, he will. If not, then we'll just have to use the patch.

As for removing the logo, I was going to compare the ARM9.bin files from PS0 and LoZ:ST and find the logo image they used with a hex editor, but they use different images or the image is corrupted as it looks odd on my game.

4. Makoto03

Member Makoto03 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The TC should consider himself lucky the the logo only 'annoys' him. The Xenophobia logo freezes up on the patched rom i used. I was only able to pass it on one occasion, and even then the rom froze on the official Nintendo logo screen.

I need someone to remove the Xeno logo in order for me to even play the game. >_

5. twiztidsinz

United States

6. Poryhack

Member Poryhack GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It's an assembly hack, so it's in ARM9. That won't really help you though. You wanna remove it you'll have to get someone who can asm hack to do it.

7. sethirion

Newcomer sethirion Advanced Member

United States
    Does this code only works on the XPA's PS0 release?

8. twiztidsinz

United States
    Code works on all versions of the game.