PSX: Tear Ring Saga translation patch released

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by FireEmblemGuy, Jul 23, 2012.

1. FireEmblemGuy
    OP

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    https://sites.google.com/site/trstrans/announcements/patchreleasev08-firstpublicrelease
    Per their readme file, while it's mostly 'translated', it's nowhere near close to complete, nor has it really been proofread or playtested. Mostly I guess the release was basically to state that the project wasn't dead and to buzz up interest for new script editors.

Apparently it's just about all in English, so if it doesn't crash it should be enough that anyone who knows English better than Japanese can play through it. Gonna try it out as soon as I can find the drive with the ISO saved on it.

For those who don't know, Tear Ring Saga is the closest thing to a Fire Emblem game for the PSX, borrowing a bunch of elements from the SNES games and Fire Emblem Gaiden for the NES. In fact, it was created by the creator of Fire Emblem, with a character designer from at least one of the SNES FE games. The original name was even Emblem Saga before Nintendo took legal action.

The translation project's site is here. For more info on the game look... here, I guess? I can't tell you where to get the game ISO, obviously.

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Just looked at some gameplay videos....wow, talk about borrowing from Fire Emblem....looks more like daylight robbery!

Thanks for the info though.

3. Alexander_86

Newcomer Alexander_86 Advanced Member

Argentina
    I tested the patch but the character don't get experience