PS1/2 PSX Modchip PAL/NTSC issue

EnigmaXtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok bought a second hand PSX, is modchipped but NTSC games appear in black and white, sure I can use Boot Loader and that seems to work fine but is there a way to get into the PS1 and change the region of the system?

If not what's the easiest way to convert NTSC games into pal and yes I've tried Console Copy World, that place hasn't updated in years :/

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Easiest way? Not converting at all. Just buy a RGB cable from Ebay for a couple of dollars and you'll be able to play unpatched games in color. With the huge advantage of them staying in 60 Hz and a dramatically improved picture.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
That's too bad. Maybe you should look into buying a PS2, which at least has component output which you can convert into HDMI for better quality picture. Sorry, can't give you advice on converting as I'm (obviously ;) ) not a fan of that technique.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Scart to component convertor, assuming your tv has them + supports 240p. If you don't want to do that, then

Colour correction mod
http://www.fatcat.co.nz/psx/

100X & 550X need a replacement crystal to keep it outputting PAL colour, the others need points bridged and lifted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Drug Mule Bot roll out!