PSX Games Backups using Free McBoot

G1Convoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the Orginal Fat PlayStation 2 with a FreeMcBoot Memory card installed and I am trying to play PSX Games with out going to popstarter but with a backup CD is there away to do that with the Backups I all ready have?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have the Orginal Fat PlayStation 2 with a FreeMcBoot Memory card installed and I am trying to play PSX Games with out going to popstarter but with a backup CD is there away to do that with the Backups I all ready have?
There is more than one model of Fat PS2. The last types had a number SCPH-5xxxx. For those models → MechaPwn – permanent modification –
Older models up to SCPH-3xxxx cannot use MechaPwn, but if you have a NTSC-U or PAL (not NTSC-J) console and a compatible game, try tonyhax. – tedious, has to be repeated on each boot –

Good luck and have fun!

G1Convoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am using FreeMcBoot and mine is 3xxxx but what I am wondering is I am using Free Mcboot to play PS2 Backup games via ESR is there away to do the same for PS1 Games with out having to upload them to a USB Stick and using Pop using FreeMcboot with out doing any kinda actually Physical modification to my PS2

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am using FreeMcBoot and mine is 3xxxx but what I am wondering is I am using Free Mcboot to play PS2 Backup games via ESR is there away to do the same for PS1 Games with out having to upload them to a USB Stick and using Pop using FreeMcboot with out doing any kinda actually Physical modification to my PS2
Tonyhax then. It is not a physical modification, not even a permanent software modification. Gone after a power cycle (or even the reset button).

In outline form:
Start legit PS1 game with exploit file on PS1 memory card, trigger exploit, tonyhax comes up and tells you to remove legit game and insert backup.

FreeMcBoot isn't required for this (only for preparing the PS1 memory card).

Reactions: notimp and CoolMe

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Yep. Tonyhax works. (If your PS2s DVD laser is still up to the task of reading PS1 games. :) )

Also Popstarter (Isos from USB (or HDD, I've the USB method set up), via an emulator). But compatibility for Popstarter on PS2 is way lower. (It doesnt use the official Sony backcompatibility layer.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all