Psx Classics or normal psx isos

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by kazekun, Jul 6, 2011.

Jul 6, 2011
  1. kazekun
    OP

Member kazekun GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    I know that in psn store you can buy the psx classics, and some of the games there interest me, mostly on the rpgs, but, is there a diference from the classics and a regular psx iso? Thanks!

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Essentially, if you make your own document.dat's and refer to the compatibility list and use popsloader for maximum compatibility then no. However, on a few rare occasions the PSX Classics solve compatibility issues because Sony know exactly what's going on and how to fix issues (see FFVIII)

3. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Actually I have a question on this one. I have the official PS Store eboot of FF9. That's right, I actually paid for a game. Shock horror. My question is how do I get it to work properly on my PSP? See, I downloaded it through my UK PSN account but my PSP operates on my US one for various reasons, and it's running hacked firmware. So the game WILL load, but it has all sorts of issues. Freezes, lack of sound in cutscenes, graphical glitches, etc. Any way to resolve these issues? By all rights it should work fine...but it don't. I remember asking this a LONG time ago when I first bought it but I don't recall ever getting an answer...

4. xist

United Kingdom
    FFIX does work fine. I finished the PSN version myself last year without any issues bar no sound on one FMV.

That sounds more like a firmware or memory stick issue.

5. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    I got FFIX off PSN too for my PS3.

I would try downloading the EUR PSN game from a download site because it's just not worth the hassle.
    You can still transfer your save between the PSP and PS3.

6. xist

United Kingdom
    Get the US version rather than EU. Then you won't have to worry about the borked clock wrt EX.2

7. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    i got the leigt version of usa um lammer jammer. and it works fine but i tried the europe version for a difference... the europe is better but sadly no sound but i'm keeping my usa version LOL.

8. xist

United Kingdom
    That's because you fail at finding intact files rather than there being a problem with the region.