Hacking PSX Ape Escape on Vita

snappycg1996

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone remember this game? I really loved it as a kid and want to play it again. I'm aware of Ape Escape On the Loose for the PSP which is a remake of the original, but imo I hated the graphics, controls and awful voices. I want the original on my Vita.

As far as I know, PS1 emulation right now on Vita isn't at its highest. I tried making an eBoot if the iso and put it on my tn-v Vita and it just boots to a black screen. I used the same method to put Crash Bandicoot on the Vita as a test and it worked, albeit with some issues.

The original Ape Escape was one of the first dullshock games. Apparently you can use the back panel for L3 and R3? So technically as long as I could map all the L and R buttons then the game could be played. It played on my PSP back in the day, but I couldn't map controls. But no luck on my Vita. Anyone know why this game just won't work? Any way to load this PS1 classic on my Vita??

Interesting enough, the original is on the PSN... In Japan only and for the PS3. We have OTL in America on the PS3. Odd.

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You is saying you managed to run a psx game? How? What process you used to run this eboot? Henkaku mode?

discodance77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Related question, can I DL a legally purchased MGS psClassic straight to my NA vita if I use Henkaku? Usually you'd need to transfer it via a ps3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Senile discussion felt like we were having this type of conversation already