PSX Ape Escape on Vita

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by snappycg1996, Sep 21, 2016.

1. snappycg1996
    OP

snappycg1996 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2012
    United States
    Anyone remember this game? I really loved it as a kid and want to play it again. I'm aware of Ape Escape On the Loose for the PSP which is a remake of the original, but imo I hated the graphics, controls and awful voices. I want the original on my Vita.

As far as I know, PS1 emulation right now on Vita isn't at its highest. I tried making an eBoot if the iso and put it on my tn-v Vita and it just boots to a black screen. I used the same method to put Crash Bandicoot on the Vita as a test and it worked, albeit with some issues.

The original Ape Escape was one of the first dullshock games. Apparently you can use the back panel for L3 and R3? So technically as long as I could map all the L and R buttons then the game could be played. It played on my PSP back in the day, but I couldn't map controls. But no luck on my Vita. Anyone know why this game just won't work? Any way to load this PS1 classic on my Vita??

Interesting enough, the original is on the PSN... In Japan only and for the PS3. We have OTL in America on the PS3. Odd.

2. Enigma Hall

Enigma Hall GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    You is saying you managed to run a psx game? How? What process you used to run this eboot? Henkaku mode?

3. SonsofOcelot

SonsofOcelot Shalashaska

Aug 4, 2016
    Canada
    Kamurocho
    He mentioned tn-v.

In reply to the OP I'm sorry I haven't a clue. I thought the same as Enigma at first till I read the post.

4. Enigma Hall

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    Lol. True. Tvn

SonsofOcelot likes this.
  5. discodance77

discodance77 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2015
    Canada
    Related question, can I DL a legally purchased MGS psClassic straight to my NA vita if I use Henkaku? Usually you'd need to transfer it via a ps3

6. snappycg1996
    OP

snappycg1996 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2012
    United States
    Yeah, and PSX emulation on it isn't quite that good. The game just don't play

7. Enigma Hall

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    Well, try a new iso or Eu/Usa change.