PSVita US -> Jap PSN+?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Slave, Apr 16, 2013.

Apr 16, 2013

PSVita US -> Jap PSN+? by Slave at 8:25 PM (2,652 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. Slave
    OP

Member Slave GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Hesitating to put this in the "Hack" section but... feel free to switch if not.

So tomorrow I'm getting a PSVita... mostly interested in PSN+ with all them free games... this month alon has Wipeout & GravityRush games for free... 2 of which I really want those games.

Anyway... I heard that we can download Japanese Games on the american console... if I get PSN+ can I also get free Japanese Games? Is there a tutorial to get them Japanese Store/games?

Thanks!

2. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    All you need to do is to have a Japanese PSN account, however keep in mind that you'll need a Japanese credit card or Japanese PSN cards to make purchases - you're better off using your region. Gravity Rush alongside Uncharted are still on PS+ so that's one game out of your hair and WipeOut is cheap. :P

3. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    All you need is a Japanese account and a sufficient amount of Japanese PSN cards to purchase your subscription or whatever else you want, no credit card required. I download DLC from the Japanese PSN a lot and I use a US Vita.

4. djricekcn

Member djricekcn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    switching between accounts is a pain in the butt though, so best to stick with one region / account

5. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    If he just wants Japanese content then he doesn't have to do that, the only issue here are payments, but with enough dedication he can sort that out.

6. Arras

Member Arras ★02

Netherlands
    If you get US PS+, it won't work on the Japanese store. The countries are separate. If you really want to, you can use a Japanese PSN account and buy PS+ on that, but AFAIK the games are not as good as the US/UK stores and it'll be pretty expensive/time consuming to get store credit on there. I recommend you stick with your regions PS+, or if you really want to the European one as they tend to have better games (more expensive though). And you can only be signed in to one account on your Vita, if you want to sign into another account you'll have to format it.

7. djricekcn

Member djricekcn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If you want japanese psn codes, i always use solarijapan

solarisjapan.com/products/PlayStation-Network-Pointcard-5000.html

8. Selvaria

Newcomer Selvaria Member

United States
    I concur with what others are saying. PSN+ games on Japanese PSN are subpar in my opinion. You get much better deals on PAL, and US PSN.

9. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    SEN accounts are locked by region, so you would need to make a new account to buy things from the Japanese PS Store. And since it's a pain to change accounts on a Vita, I'd advise just sticking to the North American SEN.
    Gravity Rush and Wipeout is on the North American PS+, and not the Japanese PS+. OP can't have both the Japanese games and the PS+ games he wants without switching accounts.

10. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    In that case, two memory cards are all the OP needs for "seamless" operation. :P

11. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States

Nu huh. The PS Vita requires you to format a new memory card if you try to switch it. He either gets a Japanese PSN+ account and uses it, or gets a US PSN+ account and uses it. He can of course get both but he'l have to redownload all his content every time he switches accounts.

12. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    How odd. I remember hearing that the memory card-swapping trick working, but alas it was a long, long time ago. :unsure:

13. Devin

United States

Yep, sadly also patched a long time ago. :sad:

14. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    Welp, that's one way to get rid of the weaboo infestation. :creep:

15. Devin

United States

Pft are you kidding? The answer is simple, we buy another Vita. (Which was Sony's plan all along.) :yayps3:

Foxi4 likes this.