PSVita buying guide?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Mai85, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Mai85
    OP

Mai85 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2015
    France
    Hey there!

With the recent développements on the Vita scene it prompted me to buy a PSVita (Yep, a bit late!)

I remember those days when before buying a PSP you had to check that it could go into CFW, does the same apply to PSVita? If so, any idea where to buy a brand new one?

Also, I heard about malware on the Vita?...

Thanks for any answer!

2. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    Pretty much any Vita on shelves you'll see nowadays, as long as it's sealed, has very high chances of having firmware <=3.60. Not sure about the new colors released in Japan if they are 3.60 and below or 3.61+.

You can immediately get HENkaku on a PS Vita once you buy it. I installed HENkaku on mine about 30 minutes after I bought it.

As long as you download your VPKs from a trusted source, you're Vita shouldn't get any malware and the latest version of VitaShell which is 1.42 if I am correct, should warn you if the VPK is fishy or seems dangerous.

3. DeoNaught

DeoNaught ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Right behind you, Numb skull
    Just basically you should be safe getting any... don't quote me on that.
    but if your gonna get one... you should get one as soon as possible, just so you get 3.60 and under

4. Mai85
    OP

Mai85 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2015
    France
    Thank you both!

Is ps1 & psp émulation possible?

5. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    The virus vpk games was fruit ninja and Kung FU rabbits they brick your Vita so just duck them games... We was lucky kind of sense if it was dragon quest builder's.. Or any AAA title I think many people would be bricked Ps1 yes psp the flow... Said it's coming in 1 to 2 months fingers crossed for xmas

Last edited by SuperDan, Nov 3, 2016