Hacking PSPfiler or Homebrew sorter for VHBL folders

Tieracloud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are 2 homebrews that allow sorting but they both only look in the game folder. And being that Sony blocked out access to the game folder I was wondering if anyone has found if PSfiler or HB sorter was updated to look in the vhbl folder as well.

D

Deleted User

updated to look in the vhbl folder as well.
No need. At least for PSPfiler anyway. PSPfiler can access anywhere in ux0:pspemu (ms0:) but it just can't write folders to PSP/GAME, that's all.
So yeah, you can just grab the latest pspfiler and move things to the vhbl directory.*

*There's a TN-V plugin that redirects to the vhbl folder called game2vhbl. You might want to take a look at that sometime. :)
Unless this is why you're asking the question?

Last edited by ,

Tieracloud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need. At least for PSPfiler anyway. PSPfiler can access anywhere in ux0:pspemu (ms0:) but it just can't write folders to PSP/GAME, that's all.
So yeah, you can just grab the latest pspfiler and move things to the vhbl directory.*

*There's a TN-V plugin that redirects to the vhbl folder called game2vhbl. You might want to take a look at that sometime. :)
Unless this is why you're asking the question?

I do know about moving stuff to the vhbl folder. That part is pretty self explanatory.

But for those 2 tools it only allows sorting and moving things in the game folder. If you use pspfiler and use the move feature it will only look into the game folder to move things up or down the list. Same with homebrew sorter it only looks in the game folder. So I guess the issue is that I have all my stuff in the vhbl folder which those 2 tools don't look into it. And you can't back out of that game directory to another.

D

Deleted User

how do you install game2vhbl?
If I recall correctly, you make a folder at the root of your memory card called "seplugins" (without quotes) and then you simply place the game2vhbl plugin folder into that seplugins folder you made. TN-V should detect the plugin, but it'll be turned off by default. You simply just have to press select on your Vita when you're in the XMB, and a menu should pop up. I think there's an option in that menu to turn the plugins on and off. Just turn both game2vhbl plugins you see in there on, and all content should now be displayed from PSP/VHBL once you restart XMB.

Reactions: hidaki99

hidaki99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i made emulators work with vhbl but i cant make ps1 works i got the xs moto game and cant make it work it get stuck when i use the save file

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1