PSP3000 part question

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by TigerFestival87, May 22, 2016.

1. TigerFestival87
    OP

TigerFestival87 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    I switched my PSP3000's housing last week and it's been playing fine but today I was cleaning my apartment and I found a piece I think was part of the PSP that must have fallen out. So I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this piece actually does and where it goes(I'm assuming it attaches to the LCD screen) and if I actually need it since it seems fine nothing seems loose or anything and it plays fine.
    IMG_0573(50%).jpg

2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    That holds the top of the LCD in place it's not super important but the screen can bobble a little if you are rough with it.

3. TigerFestival87
    OP

TigerFestival87 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Thanks for the reply, I figured it had to do with the LCD screen. The screen seems stable but I might put it back anyways, do you think I can just slide it in place or will I have to lift the LCD up to make room to put it in place?

4. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Just pop the LCD off slightly (no need to disconnect it) and fit it under the upper portion of the LCD, the little bit that's sticking out goes downwards towards the board and the LCD lays on top of it. It should fall into place with no force needed.