DigitalDeviant

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As part of their marketing strategy Sony has launched their youtube channel dedicated to the NGP

here is the trailer

SonyPlaystationNGP channel

the video contains the following info:

"Sony Computer Entertainment introduces the next generation portable entertainment system that will make its debut in 2011.

NGP will arrive at the end of 2011 and is designed to offer unparalleled interactive entertainment that only PlayStation can deliver. This new system offers a revolutionary combination of rich gaming and social connectivity within a real world context, made possible by maximising SCE's experience from both PSP and PlayStation 3.

Deep and immersive gaming is at the core of the PlayStation DNA, and NGP is the latest embodiment of this vision. By having both Wireless and 3G network connectivity, together with various applications, NGP will enable infinite possibilities for users to connect, share and play with friends wherever they are.

The device includes a range of features that provide a genuinely cutting-edge, next generation, ultimate portable entertainment experience, such as:

Stunning OLED and Revolutionary User Interface
NGP incorporates a beautiful multi touch, 5-inch organic light emitting display (OLED) as the front display. A high performance CPU / GPU combined with OLED enables rich, visually striking graphics never seen before on a portable entertainment system, for both games and other digital entertainment content. The new system also incorporates a unique multi touch pad on the rear, and together with the front touch display, NGP offers new gameplay allowing users to interact directly with games in three dimension-like motion, through "touch, grab, trace, push and pull" hand movements.

Super Oval Design and Dual Analog Sticks
While succeeding the basic design philosophy of PSP, NGP adopts the Super Oval Design form factor, created to fit comfortably in users' hands. For the first time, a portable entertainment system will feature two analog sticks, which enable a wider range of genres to be brought into the world of portable videogaming.

LiveArea™
Every game title for NGP will be provided with a space called LiveArea™ where users can share the fun and excitement with other players. Users will have access to the latest information on games from developers and publishers via PlayStation Network. Additionally, NGP users will be able to view an Activity log that is constantly updated with accomplishments from users who are playing the same game, which can trigger active real time communication among users.

Near
SCE will also provide location-based services on NGP as part of the basic features utilising PlayStation Network. The new application called Near, developed specifically for this service and the network, will be pre-installed on the system to let users find out what their friends in the vicinity are playing right now or what they were playing recently. Users can meet their friends and new players virtually, regardless of what games they are playing, simply by sharing their game information across the dimensions of time and distance.

New Game Medium
NGP adopts a new game medium, a small, flash memory based card, dedicated for NGP software titles. Taking advantage of the flash memory feature, this innovative card can store full software titles plus add-on game content or game save data. By adopting a flash memory based card solution, SCE will be able to provide game cards with higher capacity in the future, allowing developers to store more game data to deliver rich and immersive games.

NGP will also come equipped with two cameras, one on the front and one on the rear of the system, as well as three motion sensors, gyroscope, accelerometer and electronic compass, all of which are designed to enable users to enjoy a world of entertainment that is linked with real life experiences.

PlayStation®Suite (PS Suite), announced at the same time as NGP, will also closely co-ordinate with NGP. The newly developed and released game content for Android based portable devices can also be enjoyed on NGP. As a result, users will have access to not only the most leading-edge content, but also some of the more casual experiences that typify the mobile market place."

Comment on trailer below

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offense, but this commercial kinda makes them look... really stupid.

Sony isn't the best at marketing, are they? I know the PSP2 is gonna be really good... but this just looks off.

DigitalDeviant

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
No offense, but this commercial kinda makes them look... really stupid.

Sony isn't the best at marketing, are they? I know the PSP2 is gonna be really good... but this just looks off.

Yeah, gaming commercials need a "pay off",in this case seeing the darn thing at least a few times through out the ad. Not once do they show it, and at the end I thought they would have it appear but no just a quote "The Power is now in your hands".

I sum this trailer up in one word

Frustrating.

DigitalDeviant

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Quote from trailer info concerning game cards

" Taking advantage of the flash memory feature, this innovative card can store full software titles plus add-on game content or game save data. By adopting a flash me"

I think this meens the game cards are not Read only and can have add on content written onto the device!

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:

" Taking advantage of the flash memory feature, this innovative card can store full software titles plus add-on game content or game save data. By adopting a flash me"

I think this meens the game cards are not Read only and can have add on content written onto the device!

If the entire card is rewritable, then I can see bad things happening (and good things for those wanting to hack the system).

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Velotix said:
Wow! So If I get this new Hand held I'll be to do all that stuff huh? Screw games If I can do all that stuff man! I'll be able to rule the world with that thing! Thanks Sony!
It only does everything...

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
DigitalDeviant said:

If the entire card is rewritable, then I can see bad things happening (and good things for those wanting to hack the system).
only parts of it are rewritable most likely
the game part is read only

there is room to store game updates, gme saves, and game content however which is rewritable

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm more tripped out than the LBP2 ad. It's probably more trippier than the LBP2 and being high at the same time.
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night