KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Supersonicmonk said:
Slight exaggeration; my DS lite fits nicely into my pocket but my psp 1000 is a pretty tight fit. I'm not particularly bothered about this however and I also usually carry a bag around with me. The NGP however looks slightly rediculous, this site has a nice comparison with the DSi XL, which was in my opinion way too big, and it's even wder. Considering the power it's going to have and the same battery life as the 3DS it's also going to weigh quite a lot more than other handhelds, I just can't see it being comfortable to play with for large lengths of time.

I wonder why it's called the DSi XL then?

I'd rather have something big and bulky to play with for hours than a device that gives me headaches after half the time.

OH I WENT THERE.
rofl.gif
That was funny enough to the point I'm not going to say something about that.
tongue.gif

You probably know what I was going to say anyway.
laugh.gif

I whether not have to carry a bookbag for my portable game system.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit that thing is HUGE. I thought the PSP was hard to fit in my pocket.
Wonder if i can get my mom to sew custom pockets in my pants to hold the PSP2...

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol, it's not that large, I seems to be able to fit my wallet AND my NDS(the original one) in my pocket at the same time. So unless you are wearing one of those tight jeans, I don't think there is trouble, it can go in jacket pockets too.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mantis41 said:
I like the XL size. I have big hands and I'm not used to playing with small things.
I C WUT U DID THAR.
I agree my hands are larger than average and span the length of my face xD
It will be enjoyable playing "console-esque" games on PSV :3 (Why do people say console games are a bad thing for PSV, I've always dreamed of playing a PS2-like game on the move/go. p.s not referring to the sony consoles, that was an unintended pun.)

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
SPH73 said:
Rule number one of making a great porable = make it small. Open Source Portable developers like the people behind the Dingoo know I'm right. (However the guy making Pandora is just f'ing crazy.)
And people always complain how small the DS/DSi/3DS are.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I don't get why people want shit so small. I have small hands compared to most guys and I still think the DS lite was a bit too small.

Also, I wouldn't recommend carrying the PSV in your pocket anyway. It has actual analog sticks now instead of nubs, and I feel those would get caught on the edge of peoples pockets and break.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
I don't get why people want shit so small. I have small hands compared to most guys and I still think the DS lite was a bit too small.

Yeah, I don't see an obsession with small shit. Often times they try to make it portable but it usually doesn't work that well. Only device that was actually comfortable and portable for me was the PSP Go and I love mine to death.

EDIT: Still kinda bummed it wasn't modeled after the Go. Just make the analog sticks flip down or something and let the screen slide. I guess the issue would be that apparently the screen is kinda easily damaged but it's nothing a case/cover couldn't protect.

I used to just throw my original PSP in my backpack so it's not biggy. I carry my Go in my pocket though (although I've been noticing some scratches on the screen now).

blackrider

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the PSP slim is the perfect size. I like the screen size and button lay out. Best case scenario would have been if they made it that size. I don't think it's too big though.

Serina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geez- that thing seems kind of large, IMO. But then again, I'm used to just carrying around a DS Lite and an iPhone. (and I might as well be honest, I rarely have the Lite on me. T.T)

that actually brings me to a question that I might make into a thread. how is everyone carrying around all of their shit, anyway? bookbags? pockets? jackets with pockets? purses? what?

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FencingFoxFTW said:
Joe88 said:
FencingFoxFTW said:
the Virtual Boy was portable too
it needed to be plugged in and remain stationary

I'm sorry i forgot to use the tags

I know both these posts are old but I owned a Virtual boy and it didn't need to be "plugged in" to the wall -- there was no AC/Adapter in the box, that was an optional accessory that I never got. It was powered by like 6 AA's in the controller which of course was quite hefty. And it had arguably the best and most comfortable handheld controller design of any system for quite some time.

It did have to remain stationary and be used with a bulky foam shade attachment (visor) to preserve the 3d effect and keep your face aligned >.>
There's an episode of Pawn Stars on Netflix (Season 3) that someone brings a complete one in if you want to see a really good demo of it.

I miss the thing tho, I gave it to a very close friend who passed away. I respectfully didn't ask for any of my things back when that happened.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2