"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
godreborn said:
as powerful as the ps3?
laugh.gif
what's the battery life??? five minutes!?

Optimistic are we? EBL is 4 minutes. It'll take a minute to boot up the XMB.

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just be region free and support PSP games and I'll buy it.

A PSP successor that totally ignores the PSP out now will piss off a lot of people who still are putting noteworthy games out on it, like XSeed, Falcom, and Square-Enix.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably just so powerful that they can port ps3 games
sucky battery life, again just stupid ports and in the end, ppl are going to buy it for homebrew and multimedia

though i'm actually looking forward to what hardware it'll have
and most importantly, how are they going to make games available, certainly they won't use cartridges, now...another sucky optical disk of theirs or risky download?
take a guess....

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RNorthex said:
probably just so powerful that they can port ps3 games
sucky battery life, again just stupid ports and in the end, ppl are going to buy it for homebrew and multimedia

though i'm actually looking forward to what hardware it'll have
and most importantly, how are they going to make games available, certainly they won't use cartridges, now...another sucky optical disk of theirs or risky download?
take a guess....
Hooray!

PSPGo2!

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
_Chaz_ said:
TwinRetro said:
Argentum Vir said:
Midna said:
SHouldn't have expected any more from GBAtemp. Why such hostility? You can show hostility when we see the design, controls, and battery life.
Sony says their portable has great graphics, all any of you can do is rip on Sony.
You're a total fanboy if you hate it just for coming from Sony. Personally, I'm very interested to see what sort of games it gets. I do suspect a lot of scaled down console ports, but I'll remain hopeful for now.
You know, I would half way respect Sony if they wouldn't make bullshit claims, and would actually state what their console will actually be capable of. Only half way though because their PR is still shit talking mother fuckers. The only way to make a battery that could power a portable ps3 is one that has been made out of Carbon Tubes, and the research isn't coming even close to that.

Interesting topic, though off topic.

The technology to build a real life light saber already exists, though what doesn't is the massive power that is required, and carbon nano tube based batteries would take care of that.
I think it's funny that you called his post off topic, when it was actually quite relevant, and then posted this.

I think it's funny that you didn't get that I was saying my post was off topic.

Now, on topic...and i'm saying that because what I'm about to say is on topic, and not now or ever referring to the post above.

Signed, Twinretro

In the consumer's eyes, yes, "as powerful as" and "looks like" is interchangeable, but on a technical standpoint it would be completely false. Sony claimed that the PSP would achieve PS2-level graphics, and it failed on both counts (In the consumers eyes, and by pure hardware specs) If their intention was to say what appears on the screen is comparable to what you would see on the PS3, they really could have worded it differently.

All in all, I think they're just blowing smoke up our asses.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony always lies about the alleged power of their hardware.

Emotion engine = all bullshit

Power of the Cell = Additional bullshit

PSP = Just below the graphics of the PS2

I'm really excited about PSP2 but I seriously doubt this hype inflated claim. After all, this is Sony were talking about. No company has lied to the public more than Sony. (Now that I think about it, I'd like to start a topic on that very subject...)

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
SPH73 said:
Sony always lies about the alleged power of their hardware.

Emotion engine = all bullshit

Power of the Cell = Additional bullshit

PSP = Just above the graphics of the PS1

I'm really excited about PSP2 but I seriously doubt this hype inflated claim. After all, this is Sony were talking about. No company has lied to the public more than Sony. (Now that I think about it, I'd like to start a topic on that very subject...)

fixed that for you.

Snappo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoxasIsSora said:
godreborn said:
as powerful as the ps3?
laugh.gif

Well duh, battery life isn't a problem since all the hardcore gamers will sit down with their charger plugged into the wall!
yaypsp.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arp1 said:
RoxasIsSora said:
godreborn said:
as powerful as the ps3?
laugh.gif

Well duh, battery life isn't a problem since all the hardcore gamers will sit down with their charger plugged into the wall!
yaypsp.gif
All the hardcore gamers probably aren't 12 years old and have places to go.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
nutella said:
WTF is with all the PSP hate? Jesus Christ, the damn thing hasn't even been announced yet! So Sony makes a claim that is technically impossible. Is it really a big deal?

Consumer hears about the PSP2
Sony Says it will be as powerful as the PS3
Consumer gets excited
Sony announces PSP2
Consumer froths at the mouth waiting for the release date
Sony Releases PSP2
Consumer buys PSP2, and claims made by sony don't add up.
Consumer sells PSP2, and buys 3DS after raging quietly to himself

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
All I can think is that it'll have an even worse battery life than the 3DS... The PSP was pretty terrible in that department, too. I wonder if Sony'll be able to do much with third party developers, though... They're all in love with the 3DS, aren't they?

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
nutella said:
WTF is with all the PSP hate? Jesus Christ, the damn thing hasn't even been announced yet! So Sony makes a claim that is technically impossible. Is it really a big deal?
It's GBAtemp. What did you expect? I think the only place where all these silly people haven't ruined a PSP thread is here, and only because of my little warning beforehand QUOTEAlso, if you're a DS fanboy and you're gonna post some crap like "sony sucks", "the psp has no gaemz lul" or "ds ftw", don't.
Also, where can I find a PS1 that has games that look slighty worse than this, or this?

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It can be as powerful as the PS3. Handleheld are far from being there yet.

Unless, they mean it can render the same visuals, then it might be possible, but with lower resolution, lower fps, lower of pretty much every other technical aspect you could think of.

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
3DS goes first and has imo better games (more and better good franchises, look at psp) (BTW: i grew up with PSX but didn't have great games for it so then I switched to Nintendo because I think they're better
smile.gif
).

lilbro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope it is as powerful as the PS3. That would make it cost near 1000 dollars a piece so no one would buy it.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Arp1 said:
RoxasIsSora said:
godreborn said:
as powerful as the ps3?
laugh.gif

yaypsp.gif

It defeats the purpose then of being PORTABLE.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo