PSP will not boot.

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by planetofthemage, Jun 8, 2011.

Jun 8, 2011

PSP will not boot. by planetofthemage at 5:44 AM (886 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. planetofthemage
    OP

Newcomer planetofthemage Advanced Member

United States
    I've been trying to update to 6.39pro on my non TA88v3 PSP, and I just installed OFW 6.39. Problem is, now when I go to turn it on, all I get is a green light. No screen, just the light, which just stays on. I have a pandora battery and an MMS, so I'm going to see if I can reflash it, but is this a known issue?

2. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    did you uninstall 5.50 GEN-D3 prome before updating?

also, if you're planning on moving into a newer LCFW, you should remove your seplugins folder, as newer LCFWs don't support older plugins which may cause it to crash.

3. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    I thought that 5.50 GEN-D3 was upgrade proof, and that the only way to upgrade, was to downgrade first.

4. planetofthemage
    OP

Newcomer planetofthemage Advanced Member

United States
    I had to play with the versions.txt to make it tell the 6.39 update that I wasn't on 9.90. Could that be the cause?

EDIT: deleted everything except PSP folder on the root. Problem solved. [​IMG]

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The proper way to get back to OFW is with some flashing utility such as pandora or Hellcat's.

CFWs can Fuck Shit Up™ when it comes to upgrading as they modify some parts of the OS, and plugins can cause more issues.

6. samethernet

Member samethernet GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    what i did is gone back into 5.50gend3 installer and pushed install OFW 5.50, this is so that it format all flashes then reflashes offical 5.50 on,
    then i upgraded to 6.20